.38 Special

PDA

bondjames628
June 16, 2006, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone. My grandmother owns an R&G .22 snub-nosed and a Rossi R35202 .38 special. Yea, I know, a gun totin' granny. I was just wondering if R&G guns have any value to them. I can't even find that much information on them. Do they even make them any more? And as for the Rossi, where exactly is the child safety lock located? Thanks.

Taylor

If you enjoyed reading about ".38 Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Erich
June 16, 2006, 01:32 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Röhm/RG guns are pretty universally reviled as some of the worst firearms ever. (When I managed a gun store the saw was that "RG" stood for "Rotten Gun.") They have not been imported since the '80s.

I have no idea what you're talking about vis-a-vis the "child safety lock" on the Rossi. If it's a newer Rossi (since the company's been owned by Taurus) and has a Taurus hammer lock, the keyhole will be on the rear of the hammer.

bondjames628
June 16, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yea, I've shot both of them numerous times before, and the R&G is a piece of you know what. I can stand over a target point-blank and still not hit it I don't think. I was just wondering if they have any value as they're not imported anymore. And thanks for clarifying where the lock is.

MCgunner
June 16, 2006, 02:17 PM
I was just wondering if R&G guns have any value to them.

Perhaps as a paper weight or whatever you can get for it at a scrap yard.

I have owned quite a few Rossis, but don't recognize that model number. None of mine had any kind of lock on 'em. I've had a .357 M971 in stainless, a M88 stainless 2" snubbie .38, a 3" blued M68 .38 I own now, and a couple of M511 .22s one of which I have now. They were all functional, accurate, and fairly well made little guns. The only knock I have with 'em is the lack of sophisication in the DA triggers. They exhibit varying amounts of tooling marks on some of the parts, not well finished sometimes, but that doesn't hamper how well they shoot. In revolvers, I do prefer Taurus or Smith and Wesson, but the two Rossis I've kept are definite keepers. They're quite accurate and reliable.

If you enjoyed reading about ".38 Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!