More Dixie Twit ignorance

PDA

Fletchette
June 17, 2006, 04:18 PM
The following is a quote from the Dixie Twits, clearly from a position of ignorance (or possibly ungratefulness):

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism." (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/06/15/bmdixie15.xml)

She acts as if we are supposed to love the land (ie dirt) or something. She seems to have no concept of Freedom, inalienable rights or sovereignty. The mere fact that she isn't thrown in jail for what she says is because she is in America (unlike 'liberal' European countries where you can get thrown in jail for saying the wrong things).

Unfortunately, I think a lot of Libs have no affection for this country or what it (is suppossed to) stand for. For them, one country is as good as another.

:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "More Dixie Twit ignorance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bartholomew Roberts
June 17, 2006, 04:57 PM
I am going to take a guess that the L&P mods will see this as outside the scope of Legal & Political.

If you enjoyed reading about "More Dixie Twit ignorance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!