Saw a .44 I don't know much about

PDA

MCgunner
June 17, 2006, 05:34 PM
Didn't pick it up or look it over, but it was a single action, fixed sight, '73 colt style marked JP Sauer and Sons with 7.5" barrel. They were asking $185. Anyone think this is a deal? I don't really have a reason for such a gun. A hunting gun needs adjustable sights. I just saw the low price and got to wondering about it. It was a heavy lookin' big beast.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saw a .44 I don't know much about" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bullet Bob
June 17, 2006, 06:44 PM
The guy who really got me in handguns back in the early 70's had one of those - I think it was imported by Hawes. It was a quality piece, and shot well, although a little fierce with magnum ammo. He did have the front sight fly off one time shooting full-power ammo, but we found it, and he had it put back on with no further problems.

SaxonPig
June 17, 2006, 08:51 PM
A German import and of decent quality. I believe Herter's sold these revolvers via mail order before 1968 with their name on them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Saw a .44 I don't know much about" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!