al-Zarqawi and the sophistication of terrorists

PDA

DunedinDragon
June 18, 2006, 07:15 AM
I came across this on another board (sigforum). Normally I don't cross-post, but this is truly interesting info that needs wide dissemination IMO.

This information comes from documents and info captured from the site where al-Zarqawi was killed. Like many, I have been guilty of underestimating the intelligence and sophistication of the terrorists, more or less writing them off as bumbling third-worlders. No longer will I make that mistake!!!

Want to know what's behind the headlines in terms of US Military attrocities and nuclear proliferation in Iran? Read on:

Here are the relevant points gathered from this captured document:

-Evidently the Iraqi National Guard (with our support) is getting pretty good and is being pretty effective against the terrorists.

-The biggest issue for the terrorist is they are limited in how much damage they can inflict on American troops, and are being crucified by Iraqi public opinion for their killing of Iraqi‘s.

-There is a lot of confusion and lack of cohesiveness among the terrorist groups.

-In answering this dilemna they outline some key steps that will buy them time to regroup and reorganize by diverting attention and resources of the US away from the terrorists in Iraq and create conflict between the Iraqi government and the US.

-Key elements of this strategy include creating allegations of US military misconduct and attrocities to turn Iraqi sentiment against the US, and trying to embroil the US in a military action against Iran.

This is the directly translated strategy paper:
http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Iraq/10047347.html

And this is the analysis of that paper:
http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/iraq/articles/20060616.aspx

Truly eye-opening!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "al-Zarqawi and the sophistication of terrorists" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Krauser
June 18, 2006, 08:25 AM
Seems like some CIA Psy-Op to buy more support for the war. But yes, some terrorist groups are extremely well-organized.

Good read.

DunedinDragon
June 18, 2006, 08:44 AM
I kind of doubt that. The chain of custody over the evidence collected would require a pretty massive collusion both with Iraqi and US Military organizations. Pretty unlikely, not to mention hard to sustain.

longeyes
June 18, 2006, 02:10 PM
Yes, they sound like Karl Rove or some recent graduates from U.S. university marketing degree programs.

El Tejon
June 18, 2006, 02:22 PM
long, not so far off. Many have studied in the West, especially the USA.

longeyes
June 18, 2006, 03:00 PM
Well, they're wasting their talents blowing people up and lopping off heads. We can use more people devising ways to sell high-energy cola drinks to the Third World.

Art Eatman
June 18, 2006, 04:16 PM
OT

If you enjoyed reading about "al-Zarqawi and the sophistication of terrorists" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!