Extractor Rod wiggle?

PDA

bg226
June 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
When the cylinder is open or closed I notice wiggle on the extractor rod, is that okay?

Edit: It's a S&W 15-3

If you enjoyed reading about "Extractor Rod wiggle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XavierBreath
June 18, 2006, 12:01 PM
Is it OK? Yes, but to what degree makes a huge difference. Is it desirable? No, just acceptable.

My nearly new Model 15-3 has no play with the cylinder closed. My K-38 with a lot more rounds through it, has some play. The play in the K-38 does not affect it's accuracy.

JohnKSa
June 18, 2006, 06:05 PM
bg226,

There are a number of makes of revolver on the market and the ejector rod plays a dual role in some and a single role in others.

If your revolver is a double action Ruger then the ejector rod is ONLY an ejector rod and is loose by design. Many other revolver designs use the ejector rod as a second lockup point. In these designs, the ejector rod shouldn't show much play.

If you enjoyed reading about "Extractor Rod wiggle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!