Give it away

PDA

atlctyslkr
June 18, 2006, 03:45 PM
I have something (a set of grips) that I don't want. Can I post them in the accesssories section and offer to give them away. I'll send them anywhere the USPS delivers. It's not worth it to send them back to the place I ordered from and I have tried returning them at a few shops and they won't take them. I figure someone might want them.

My user name indicates my location. Must I post it again in my ad?

Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Give it away" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Larry Ashcraft
June 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
Nothing wrong with that, as far as I know. But you still have to put your location in your header.

Oh, and I had to look at your username really hard to figure out what it meant.

Psssniper
June 18, 2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the generosity. To make it more interesting run a contest for the grips. Describe the item and set the contest rules and sit back and enjoy the fun. Look up some of the old contests that have run to get an idea of what to do.

Mal H
June 18, 2006, 09:25 PM
Some members have posted give-away items and called them "Karma". IOW, when you give something away, good luck may come back to you in return. :)

To reemphasize what Larry said about your location - it must be included in the thread title, no exceptions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Give it away" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!