H&R 58cal huntsman

PDA

Smith & Wesson Man
June 18, 2006, 07:09 PM
thanks to everyone that gave me info for me able to find him one 58cal for my dad and suggestions on what loads for it. I have another problem:mad: Their is a conversion kit out there that allows it to take 209 shotgun primers and he thinks he needs it. Anyone have seen one or know where I can find it? It came with a nipple I think that takes either a no. 11 cap or a musket cap? I have told him with it being all internal that cap should always burn the powder. A gunshop has gotten a few for my cousin for his three, but he can't get them anymore. He told my father that remington has something that would work, but you have to buy a whole kit or something? I need some help please! Thanks everyone!

If you enjoyed reading about "H&R 58cal huntsman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arcticap
June 18, 2006, 09:34 PM
Maybe you can talk to an expert and ask about what options are available.
I wouldn't change the style of nipple, but after all, it is Father's Day. :D

http://blomquistpercussionworks.com/default.asp

sclodfelter
June 23, 2006, 11:09 AM
I've owned a 58 cal H&R Hunstman since 1980 and have never had a misfire with it. I always run a pick in the nipple before capping it. If the weather is raining I seal the joint between the barrel and receiver with electrical tape. I also tape the muzzle to keep snow or mud out if I would happen to slip and fall in the woods. I have left my rifle loaded and taped up for a year and it always fired after picking the nipple and a fresh cap. It sure has a kick with a minnie ball and 100 gr FF powder. I wouldn't worry about a primer conversion if I were you.

Manyirons
June 23, 2006, 11:32 AM
Yup! Hadda huntsman in .58 when i wassa kid, loved it, one of tha sorry mistakes was sellin it ta someone who admired it to tha tune of twice what i paid.

Like ta find another one as good!

If you enjoyed reading about "H&R 58cal huntsman" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!