Burris Fullfield® II 3x9x40 Opinions anyone?

PDA

Karbon
June 19, 2006, 03:31 PM
I just orderd a Burris Fullfeild II in 3x9x40 in silver for my whitetail hunting needs. SOON to be mounted on a Tikka T3 ss laminate.

Any opinions on them?

For the price, what I read (options), and my needs (all weather hunting use) it seems to be a good choice. Keep in mind I will be eventually replacing this with a Leupold VarXII, but for now I think it will be a decent fit. Light transmision and water/fog proof are of huge importance to me. The Burris line , from what I've heard and read, should be a durable and reliable scope for the price ($200 NIB) and a forever warr.

Let me hear the pros and cons...

If you enjoyed reading about "Burris Fullfield® II 3x9x40 Opinions anyone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Impala
June 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
From what I've heard, Burris is an excellent brand, especially the FFII series.
95% light transmission, 100% waterproof and fogproof. I'm considering purchasing a Fullfield II 3-9x40 tactical scope for my remy. 7400. The only negative thing I've ever heard about the Burris scopes is that the reticle is on the second focal plane which makes the graduations on the ballistic plex reticle harder to use on lower magnifications, Other than that I'd say it's the best scope for the money and easily parallels Leupolds in the same price range.

Karbon
June 19, 2006, 08:14 PM
Impala, I appreciate the info...

That's exactly what I have read.

hoghunting
June 20, 2006, 12:57 AM
I have a Fullfield ll Ballistic Plex 3-9x40 mounted on a Tikka T3 in 300 WSM and I've been very happy with the choice. Great clarity, extremely bright and has no problem holding zero with mag loads. The Ballistic Plex reticle is perfect. There are a number of dealers selling them on e-bay for $155- $165.

Karbon
June 20, 2006, 09:15 AM
Did you use the factory mounts from Tikka? I've heard some people have eye relief issues on the magnums...

Thanks again Hoghunting for the always helpful info.

hoghunting
June 20, 2006, 02:55 PM
Karbon,
PM has more detail. I used the factory rings and have not had any movement with the rings or scope, and have not been hit by the scope either.

Karbon
June 20, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hoghunting,

Thanks for the PM and thread reply.

I plan on just trying them on it for starters.

I'm glad both the rings and scoped worked out for you.

.41Dave
June 27, 2006, 07:14 AM
I put a Burris Fullfield II on my daughter's deer rifle. It is an excellent scope. I have a Zeiss Conquest on my rifle, and it is better, but the difference is really only noticable at dusk. if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just buy 2 Burris Fullfields and use the money left over for reloading supplies.

Reyn
June 27, 2006, 08:25 AM
I paid 139.00 on sale last year for one with ballistic plex. If i would have had the money i would have bought the remaining 7 he had at the time at that price. Put it on my .300 mag and have no complaints at all.

Karbon
June 27, 2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone.

Now I just have to mount it on my new 270wsm and try it out.

The nickel should go well with the ss and grey laminated stock on the Tikka.

newman
June 27, 2006, 12:03 PM
I have the same Burris scope and I am very happy with it. I think they are just as good a quality scope as Leupold.

Karbon
June 28, 2006, 02:22 PM
That's what I was thinking. It seems to be just as good as my Nikon Monarch, but it's nitrogen filled, better seals, metal on metal adjustments, and it's looking nice on my tikka with the nikel finish.

We'll just see how it holds up and performs this year.

rbernie
June 30, 2006, 10:34 AM
It's a fine scope, and is actually a little more rugged in my experience than a Nikon Monarch or Buckmasters. (The Nikon bodies seem to be a bit thinner and dent/mar more easily.) I've got probably two thousand rounds of 303 British, 7x57, and 308 under my FFII and it's never given me a concern relative to not holding zero or fogging or anything else that it's not supposed to do.

I still prefer a VXII, but they also cost twice as much. For the money, the FFII is a darn good deal.

BsChoy
July 5, 2006, 11:31 AM
I have one on my 30-06 featherwieght....excellent clarity and maintains zero on this light gun.

sscoyote
July 6, 2006, 06:11 AM
I have 6 different Burris's, and not a lick of trouble. They make 1 of the best handgun scopes in the business IMO.

lawson
July 21, 2006, 03:43 AM
i have a FFII on my Marlin 336 .30-30. Great scope. use a pair of weaver rings and mount. bought it for 179 new with a pair of free binoculars. i've paid more for inferior scopes. i expect to be buying more Burris products in the future.

and the free binoculars were pretty impressive quality.

fog
July 23, 2006, 09:06 PM
karbon did you get the ballistic plex version??
i personally like burris better than leupold and at a more afforadable price
and i think you will like it and wont change to a leupold
fog

If you enjoyed reading about "Burris Fullfield® II 3x9x40 Opinions anyone?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!