THR & Molon Labe shirts & hats for sale again! Place order by July 5th.

PDA

Correia
June 19, 2006, 05:03 PM
Back by popular demand, I'm doing another run of The High Road silk screened shirts, and Molon Labe embroidered shirts and hats.

I now have a secure online shopping cart at www.fbmginc.com. specifically at https://www.fbmginc.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=94&Itemid=1

Pick your type, then you can pick your size and color from a list of available options.

I will be taking orders for the next two weeks, and then I will turn this order in to the factory on July 6th. Production usually takes about two weeks. After that, I will always stock some items, but there won't be nearly as many size and color options to choose from.

I'm still working on getting more pictures uploaded to the webpage. If anybody has a picture of their THR shirt or Molon Labe gear that they would like displayed on my page, please send it to me. That would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR & Molon Labe shirts & hats for sale again! Place order by July 5th." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
facedown
June 19, 2006, 06:37 PM
bump to the top

rageofangels
June 19, 2006, 07:15 PM
When will images be available or did I miss them? Thanks, Correia. You are the MAN for doing this!

Correia
June 20, 2006, 09:40 AM
I'm going to try to get some images up in the next few days.

In fact, if anybody who has pictures of them in their Molon Labe, or THR gear wants to send them to me to use on the webpage, I would be greatly appreciative.

mbs357
June 20, 2006, 11:16 AM
Website's looking great!
Always wondered what FBMG stood for......

SB88LX
June 20, 2006, 04:34 PM
Do you not require the state in your billing information? I see city and zip code, but no state. Just making sure it's not a mistake, because I need my molon labe apparel :cool:

Correia
June 20, 2006, 04:40 PM
It calculates state off of the zip code.

On shipping, what did you end up with? If you got something really weird, let me know, as I'm watching this new page to make sure everything is working okay. The shipping is coming right off of the UPS tables.

SB88LX
June 20, 2006, 04:49 PM
I was playing around with the fields to get MD after the city, situation resolved. The other question I have is about the security of the order. The only thing I'm used to is the little lock appearing in one of the IE status bars, no such symbol when ordering. (Sorry, im no net wizard, just paranoid about the CC's)

Correia
June 20, 2006, 04:50 PM
The shopping cart is from Authorize.net, which is one of the most commonly used secure ordering firms out there. It should be fine. I don't know why the little lock doesn't show up. I'll ask the web guy.

Roadwild17
June 20, 2006, 04:51 PM
What is Molon Labe???

Correia
June 20, 2006, 04:58 PM
This is from the description on my webpage:

At the battle of Thermopyle in 480 BC, a group of 300 Spartans held a narrow mountain pass against over a quarter million Persians, at the time, the greatest army ever assembled. When the king of the Persians told the Spartans that if they gave up their weapons, they would be free to go. Leonidas, king of the Spartans, replied with "MOLON LABE" which means, Come and get them. The Spartans then held the Persians for nearly a week, in one of the greatest battles of the ancient world. The Persians won that battle, but it cost them the war.

Molon Labe has become a rallying cry and slogan for modern gun owners. When told to give up our arms, we will respond with the same defiant reply.

Roadwild17
June 20, 2006, 05:04 PM
O where the persians won beacuse a spy told them of a path around the spartans???
spelling

Twycross
June 20, 2006, 06:39 PM
O where the presians won beacuse a spy told them of a path around the spartins???
So the story goes.

Correia
June 20, 2006, 11:20 PM
Yes, that is the story. The absolute best novelization is in Steven Pressfield's excellent book, Gates Of Fire.

SB88LX, the little lock is there now. I just hadn't paid the extra for the icon. It was always secure.

stevek
June 21, 2006, 05:38 PM
Just waiting for images before placing an order.....

facedown
June 21, 2006, 07:57 PM
The wife and I just ordered our stuff. Too many choices! :)

4v50 Gary
June 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the notice Larry. I'm getting one hat and two golf shirts.

Ukraine Train
June 21, 2006, 10:50 PM
In fact, if anybody who has pictures of them in their Molon Labe, or THR gear wants to send them to me to use on the webpage, I would be greatly appreciative.
Not the best quality but it's the best I have:http://fabiens.org/gallery/d/5438-1/DSCF2002.jpg
Feel free to use where ever. PM me for the huge fullsize version.

Twycross
June 21, 2006, 11:49 PM
I just put an order in for two hats and a t-shirt. :)

Correia
June 23, 2006, 10:36 AM
Ukraine, thanks. Much appreciated.

The new web page is pretty easy to use, huh? This sure beats me answering 50,000 e-mails. :)

Parke1
June 23, 2006, 09:37 PM
Placed an order for two shirts and a hoodie.

Thanks a lot Correia! All your work is greatly appreciated.

-Parke1

SB88LX
June 24, 2006, 12:59 PM
SB88LX, the little lock is there now. I just hadn't paid the extra for the icon. It was always secure.

My bad, I didn't know that was an extra charge, I thought that the icon was displayed everytime the connection was 'secure.' Order was successful, Thanks.

CarbineKid
June 24, 2006, 06:26 PM
Just waiting for images before placing an order.....
Me too. i'de like to order a few things but I'm not sure as to what to get...a few good pics would help.:D

Vairochana
June 24, 2006, 08:16 PM
Two problems.
It won't let me place an overseas order (Australia), and when I try to contact them with the details as they instruct I get no reply.
Also the $39 limit- I want to get a hat and long sleeve t-shirt but the total is below the limit.

mike_bullet
June 24, 2006, 08:39 PM
corriea-

You may want to edit your hyper link to order forms. THe link directing users to the site is missing the "S" in https: This is needed to direct users to the secure site where the lock will show. When I added the s I was able to verify the site's security certs.

Also will you have photos soon?

Thank you

MIke

Correia
June 26, 2006, 09:46 AM
Vairochana, we respond to our e-mails. I haven't seen one from you.

Mike, working on photos. Thanks for the tip on the link.

Brian Williams
June 26, 2006, 10:32 AM
I really want a THR shirt, need pic please, need to choose between a Polo or a T.

Correia
June 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Brian, working on it.

Problem is, I haven't done these in so long, that I don't have any in polos in stock at all, and only a couple of silk screened t-shirts. All I have is my personal stuff, which is well worn.

Correia
June 27, 2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=15040&d=1089508466

Searching now. :)

Correia
June 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
Here is the famous shot of Psssniper in a Molon Labe hat.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16048

Walter
June 27, 2006, 11:13 PM
I wanted to order a hat but changed my mind when I got to the
$39 minimum order part.
Thank you, though.

Walter

Molon Labe
June 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
I require 20% royalities on the sale of the Molon Labe shirts. :evil:

Correia
June 28, 2006, 12:53 PM
Walter, that shouldn't be applicable to shirts and hats. Is the web page stopping you from placing the order? That might be a glitch I need to fix.

Bruce333
June 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
Yup...there is no checkout option until your order totals $39.

Correia
June 29, 2006, 09:59 AM
Okay, I'll try to get rid of that today.

Arkie
June 30, 2006, 12:15 AM
I just ordered a couple of shirts and a hat too. :)

spooney
June 30, 2006, 02:03 AM
Ordered a shirt and a hat today.

Bruce333
July 1, 2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks for removing the order total $39 minimum limit! Just ordered a ML hat and THR shirt.

Beren
July 1, 2006, 08:49 PM
I'm going to order a hat on Sunday. Hope you have one that will fit my big head. :D

progunner1957
July 1, 2006, 10:12 PM
A bit more info on "Molon Labe:"
Molon Labe

(mo-lone lah-veh)

Two little words. With these two words, two concepts were verbalized that have lived for nearly two and a half Millennia. They signify and characterize both the heart of the Warrior, and the indomitable spirit of mankind. From the ancient Greek, they are the reply of the Spartan General-King Leonidas to Xerxes, the Persian Emperor who came with 600,000 of the fiercest fighting troops in the world to conquer and invade little Greece, then the center and birthplace of civilization as we know it. When Xerxes offered to spare the lives of Leonidas, his 300 personal bodyguards and a handful of Thebans and others who volunteered to defend their country, if they would lay down their arms, Leonidas shouted these two words back.

Molon Labe! (mo-lone lah-veh)

They mean, “Come and get them!” They live on today as the most notable quote in military history. And so began the classic example of courage and valor in its dismissal of overwhelming superiority of numbers, wherein the heart and spirit of brave men overcame insuperable odds. Today, there lies a plaque dedicated to these heroes all at the site. It reads: “Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.”

We have adopted this defiant utterance as a battle cry in our war against oppression because it says so clearly and simply towards those who would take our arms.

It signifies our determination to not strike the first blow, but also to not stand mute and allow our loved ones, and all that we believe in and stand for, to be trampled by men who would deprive us of our God-given – or natural, if you will – rights to suit their own ends.
Source: http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

Correia
July 5, 2006, 03:36 PM
Okay, I'm going to wrap this up and turn the order in tomorrow. If anybody else wants in on this, please order today. Thanks.

-Larry

FSCJedi
July 19, 2006, 12:14 AM
When placing an order for a hat, what hat am I buying? Do I have options, or is there only one style right now? I've seen these...http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=74189&highlight=vote+rooftops http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=28202&d=1125272269 pics. Are there others? Which hats are these? I have recently decided that after 25 years of life and looking stupid in "ball caps", the Army has made me look actually good in one, so I need to buy my FIRST ball cap EVER. I'm currently awaiting my MOS training here in sunny Ft. Huachuca, AZ, so I needs me a good hat!

Also, you should have little cards printed out to send with each Molon Labe article of clothing stating what it means. That way when someone asks, you can just pull out your little card and show them.

Correia
July 19, 2006, 09:42 AM
That is what there is. They are low profile, adjustable ball caps. OD Green, Black, Tan, and if you are going to Ft. Huachuca, I would get the Light Weight Khaki. It is made of a lighter summer weight material.

I've submitted the shirt order. Now I'm just waiting for them to get done, and then shipped to me.

FSCJedi
July 21, 2006, 12:54 AM
Correia, sorry about my confusing last post. When I checked your site, my internet wasn't working that well and I didn't get to actually click on the "product details" section to see the different variants. All I saw was the "add to cart" button. Haha.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion about the lightweight khaki hat. It is definately getting to peak heat season here and a lightweight hat would be nice to have. Besides... I'll always need a heavier weight one later this fall. :) I'm thinking the black with white lettering... Hmmm...

One last question. Is the hat that the attractive lady is wearing in the second link above the lightweight khaki, or is that the tan?

mattw
July 21, 2006, 02:29 AM
I just did a search because I missed this thread, I got scared I had missed this run of THR gear!

I ordered one golf shirt, one t-shirt, and one hat.

I've got my THR t-shirt from the last run you did, i'll try to get a picture of it.

To anyone wondering about the big logo on back.. IT IS WORTH THE $5.00! DO NOT HESITATE!

Also don't order a small thinking it will fit unless you are really really small. I'm 5'8" and 122 Lbs (i need to finish physical therapy from a 2 year old football injury that never healed right. Ever heard of shoulder subluxation? before I can start working out. building muscle is the only way i can gain weight.. i'm pretty ashamed of my size but will be back in the gym as soon as the old shoulders allow.) Sorry thats really OT, but the smalls are really small. if you have to think about it, just get a medium.

Awesome looking shirts, i'll have a good pic tomorrow.

btw, how much of each item goes to this website? I love these boards. Oleg needs to add a "donate" button to the bottom of the page!

Correia
July 21, 2006, 09:49 AM
I normally send Derek some money from every batch, but it always depends on how much I personally clear from it. :)

akodo
July 22, 2006, 09:36 AM
okay, I figure that once you stopped accepting more orders you then sent a batch request to some tshirt printing place, so what do you estimate, timewise, for how long until the printer ships the shirts back to you, and how long to ship them out to us, ballpark?

thanks

Correia
July 22, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hats are already enroute to me. Shirts should be here in the next couple of days.

FSCJedi
July 22, 2006, 04:21 PM
Just ordered the tan khaki hat from ya'! Shipping costs are expensive, though. Whew! Oh well, still can't wait to get it in the mail and start sportin' it around!

Twycross
August 2, 2006, 03:09 AM
Any updates on order status?

Correia
August 2, 2006, 11:31 AM
Some are going out today, the remainder will be shipped to out to you guys tomorrow. There was a hold up on the screen printing this time around.

akodo
August 2, 2006, 04:27 PM
thanks man, looking forward to them

Jayman
August 2, 2006, 04:51 PM
Wouldn't you know I missed this earlier? I'm assuming hats are still available since you can still order them? I'd kill for a black polo Molon Labe shirt. :-/

Corriea, thanks for doing this, you rock!

facedown
August 5, 2006, 02:09 PM
Got the stuff today. The shirts are very cool but the hats are outstanding!

Thanks for your efforts and I hope you made out OK on the deal.

(And didn't lose your mind in the process :) ).

model 649
August 5, 2006, 08:10 PM
Got mine today, too. Yup, the hats ARE nice. I really like the good quality of both the hat and the shirt. Thanks for the great service Correia.
Josh

Correia
August 5, 2006, 08:55 PM
If you guys want, please go the retail feedback and leave a notice about me or FBMG. It never hurts.

spooney
August 5, 2006, 11:19 PM
Thank you FBMG, as others have said the shirt was good but the hat was above and beyond. I am very pleased with my purchase.

1911 guy
August 5, 2006, 11:23 PM
Good quality fabric and embroidering looks very nice. Comments above make me wish I'd ordered a hat.

FSCJedi
August 10, 2006, 06:15 PM
Meant to post this many days ago. I GOT MY HAT..... at my home address, not my current address. Haha. My wife told me that I got a package in the mail and it was my hat. I must have put the billing address as the mailing address as well. Oh well, she's sending it to me tomorrow! Can't wait to get it... again! Haha:D

4v50 Gary
August 10, 2006, 11:21 PM
I gawt my shirts & my hat. Thank you Larry & Fuzzy Bunny.:D

Twycross
August 14, 2006, 06:40 PM
Has everything shipped out? I have not received my order, and when I viewed it within the FBMG site, it is marked as 'pending'. :confused:

Correia
August 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
Twycross, I shipped everything that I had received orders for. Could you please PM or e-mail with your information (i.e. real name) and I'll check and see what the problem is.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR & Molon Labe shirts & hats for sale again! Place order by July 5th." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!