New Style of Firearms Television

PDA

FirepowerTV
June 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
Hello people,
We are trying to get the word out about a show that we have been working on for the past few years. It is called FirepowerTV.
FirePower TV is a dynamic program designed for every shooting enthusiast. FirePower TV takes state of the art production capabilities, industrial music, and couples them with good old-fashioned firearms fun. Elements like the "target cam," plus constant safety and target tips on the screen are just a few things that put the show way ahead of its time.
I wanted to see what you all think about what we are doing.

Here is a couple of clips from the show on youtube.com

FirepowerTV at Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iEn9LGhRT4)

Sigarms Torture Test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjmtj9TgX8)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Style of Firearms Television" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
June 19, 2006, 10:04 PM
Other than full-auto shooting, what's the concept/hook of the show?

What differentiates your show from other shooting shows, like, say, Michael Bane's Shooting Gallery?

*edit*

Watching the second clip...

Justin
June 19, 2006, 10:12 PM
Your second clip is much stronger. Tighter editing, and there's a definate storyline. Much better, overall.

Ukraine Train
June 19, 2006, 10:25 PM
Is it on TV or is this an internet-only thing?

FirepowerTV
June 20, 2006, 12:10 AM
currently we air in Louisville, Southern Indiana and Nashville. We are looking to continue to expand our market. We created the show for something we wanted to watch. A show which dealt with the bigger machine guns that we saw in the movies, and how they really perform in real life. We have done two shows where we tested the durability of glocks and Sigs. We have done shows that spotlight guns of vietnam and WWII. We are trying to show that not all gun shows are hunting shows. Also, to show off many of the guns that many states or this country will not allow you to use.

We hope to have the episodes on the web for download in the future or to be purchased as DVD.

2006 Highlight video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-y0t0jlwak)

2006 Shot Show blackhawk booth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukPPjJDTJw)

Cosmoline
June 20, 2006, 12:36 AM
Just FYI "The Gun Guys" were a notorious anti-gun hack site. My alarm went off when I saw that, though there appears to be no connection. Otherwise the scalping knife and hanging rope would be out right now :D

Sgt Stevo
June 20, 2006, 01:00 AM
Cool stuff. I have some vid of a night shoot at camp Roberts a couple of years ago.

240s, 50s, ats, tows, 203s, etc. I pull it out at partys.

Good to know a sig can be thrown out of chopper,frozen. Cause that happens all the time.

You are in Alaska, NO! siberia, and you drop your sig in the creek while running from rabid snow bunnys. Then you retrieve it. Only to find it is frozen. But you dont want be molested by Sibererian big foot, so you make your getaway in a chopper.
As you fly away. the fuel freezes. So you throw your frozen sig out and jump to safety. siberian bigfoot is intent on having his way with you, so he gives chase!

You melt the ice off the gun with your little blow torch and shoot him just in time. But here come the rabbid snow Bunnys! Luckliy, you have a lava incased daisy red rider.:neener:

FirepowerTV
June 20, 2006, 01:01 AM
I will be honest, I not sure who these other "Gun Guys" are. Yeah, if they are anti-gun, as you can see by the video, we are not in the same boat.

I think the main jist of the show is that it's REAL. Real guns that you would never see on any other show - Michael Baine would only dream of having some of what we have, plus we DESTROY things with those real guns people usually only see in video games, tv, or movies. This show is the monster garage of guns. We do what most guys or gals wish they could - shoot machine guns, blow up cars, set stuff on fire, and generally whatever we want, because we got hardware that would allow us to start ourown war on terrorisim if we need to!

Now we do this all in a very safe conditon, always preaching safety!

We are not your dad's gun show!

kwelz
June 20, 2006, 01:05 AM
The really big guy on the show (Wes) and some of the people behind the scenes are buddies of mine. These are all great people. I watch the show when I get the chance. But I spend at least a couple days a week in Kiesler's where they work.

These are good guys and I am glad to see them reaching out to the internet community. I think I may even know who wrote the original post. And if I am right he is a really great guy and a good friend.

FirepowerTV
June 20, 2006, 01:21 AM
Yeah, the Sig out of the heli in ice, I think protected it better than dropping it straight on concrete. But, it was also to show that a sig can be frozen, dropped out of a heli and than still fire.

With the glocks, we ran over it with a hummer, than parked on it. Ran over it with a tank, dragged it behind the hummer, dropped it out the helicopter, stuck it in mud, froze it.

The sigs fared better than the glocks, most of the glocks broke on us( all could be repaired), all the sigs survived, except one, because we dug it dip in the earth with the industrial jack.

Dr.Rob
June 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
I'm a little leary of the mall ninja headband camera rig but the Sig test was pretty cool. Over the top to be sure.

I'd be more impressed to see all the guns fire after each test rather than the host just racking the slide.

PaladinX13
June 20, 2006, 11:40 AM
Other than the motion graphics, my only nitpick is the heavy use of industrial music. I don't mind it in smaller doses (ever watch Spike's The Ultimate Fighter?) but playing almost constantly seems too much. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of the guys and hearing irreverant narration/thoughts vs. explosions w/ rage-rock.

I really look forward to the "Pimp My Gun" feature, something you'd never see seriously on a hunting show... I wouldn't mind seeing a feature on gadget or gimmick guns.

leadcounsel
June 20, 2006, 12:10 PM
I agree with dropping the industrial music and increase the commentary and the SOUND of the guns. Or at least tone it down to background music, very faint background music.

While I happen to like industrial music, if I wanted music I'd watch MTV.

Like myself, true gun enthusiasts that don't get to fire these guns highlighted on this show, I want to HEAR them fire. We're tuning in for a gun show, not a concert. "nuff said.

I agree that responsibility and safety is the message that should be portrayed. Last thing we need is irresponsibility -- and a show like this WILL be scrutinized by the anti-gun lobby.

Also it would be cool to see guns that FAIL to work. Failures are almost NEVER featured in movies. I"m certain they happen on film. Let's see 'em

Zak Smith
June 20, 2006, 12:20 PM
Suggestion--

Make it available as a video podcast, or otherwise available on the 'net. With commercials if you have to. It'll expand your audience. I don't have time to sit around and watych TV often (nor do I have cable/satellite).

We could use more "gun" TV shows, especially constructive ones!

-z

TX1911fan
June 20, 2006, 12:25 PM
I prefer gun shows to be more educational than just destroying things. Tell me what you are shooting, what it is capabable of, how it fires, maybe some history behind it, then go destroy stuff! The Sig piece was great. Good explanations of what was being done, and then showing what you are doing.

Mikee Loxxer
June 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm with TX911Fan, I like shooting shows that are more educational in nature. Jim Scoutten's shows were my favorite but OLN seems to have dumped them and the Outdoor Channel runs only American Rifleman and Shooting Galley which seem to rehash the same stuff. American Rifleman seems obsessed with US weapons and new products whereas Shooting Galley seems to focus on pistols and pistol compeitions. It would be cool if things were a little more rounded and dealt with firearms history, collecting, gunsmithing and reloading which is what more shooters would like to know more about. Frankly the majority of us will hopefully never have to clear a room or confront an armed adversary but will probably have to detail strip a gun and learn to reload.

FirepowerTV
June 20, 2006, 12:47 PM
We did do a show called Pimp my gun, where we showed different add ons and crazy colors that you can get for you rifle or handgun. In the episode, the AK-47 kicked off all the gear that was loaded on it while shooting it. Very funny stuff!

The show is setup with a explanination of each of the firearm that we will be shooting. We talk about the design, caliber, what is best used for. Than we take it out to the field and test it out.

The current video that you see on youtube is not a full repsentation of the show. But I do have a clip that might help.
Glock 18 full auto test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyB0M6wAV8)

The podcasting might be very do able in the near future.

real_name
June 20, 2006, 12:49 PM
How do I get to watch this here in Nashville?

JJ Hiryuu
June 20, 2006, 01:10 PM
I'm in Clarksville, and I've been watching as much of this show online as I can.

Really fun to watch, and way better than any other shooting show I've managed to catch on TV.

Also, I rather like the music. Needs more White Zombie though. Maybe some Prodigy. Ministry also makes some damn fine "exploding things" music, New World Order in particular.

Keep up the good work! Should you ever have just way too many loaded magazines, and not enough trigger fingers to unload them, I'll make the drive! :evil:

50 Shooter
June 20, 2006, 02:06 PM
Tannerite, you need more Tannerite. That and some BBM's.:evil:

taliv
June 20, 2006, 02:13 PM
agree with zak. get on google video, and set up podcast stuff. i don't even subscribe to cable or satellite TV.

FirepowerTV
June 20, 2006, 11:28 PM
I was incorrect about Nashville. The papers have been signed, they have not been sent out. So very soon for Nashville.

The next episode we are planning is our Zombie survival Guide! That should be very funny. We will post video as soon as we get!

MBane666
June 29, 2006, 03:44 AM
Gosh Wes;

I'm still trying to figure out what you're shooting that I can only dream about, unless, of course, you're shooting with Sarah Michelle Geller.

Michael B

FirepowerTV
July 10, 2006, 01:19 PM
Here is an update on some of the videos that we have added to youtube.

The first a segment from the 2006 new products showFirepowertv 2006 new products (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsfMs22AaGU)

The Second is a full episode of Guns of Vietnam show. We hope to get a better bit rate for viewing.
Guns of Vietnam on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52N-b8fi6Xs)

Thanks for all that have checked it out!

Fosbery
July 10, 2006, 05:02 PM
Woah, got some high-elbow syndrome there :p Great show though.

buffdriver
July 12, 2006, 03:16 AM
Hey Firepower:

Great show. I like it. Be nice to Wes, man. If he gets tired of the Al Borland routine, you're show won't be as fun to watch if it's just you. He's your partner in crime and you guys have a great thing going. Keep it up.

hm
July 12, 2006, 03:49 AM
Two observations:

1. I like gun shows that don't make all us gun owners look like dangerous thrill-seeking nuts and nothing else...this show ain't that.

2. I'm now officially and hypocritically in love with the GLOCK 18 based on the youtube clip. ;-)

FirepowerTV
July 12, 2006, 12:02 PM
Be nice to Wes, man. If he gets tired of the Al Borland routine, you're show won't be as fun to watch if it's just you.

That is correct, Wes is perfect on the show. Chip sometimes gives him a hard time, but Chip messes up as Much as the "Tool Man"

Also, if anyone is interested, we are offering a 4 show DVD on ebay.
FirepowerTV 4 Episode DVD (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180000308924&ssPageName=ADME:L:DS:US:8)

Woah, got some high-elbow syndrome there
Yeah, Chip did not want that in the show, but I felt it showed what happens if you dont lean into the gun.

Understand, these guys are not competition shooters. They are the average Joes that grew up on too much action movies and Gi Joes.

Geno
July 12, 2006, 12:18 PM
The second video was much better. The antis would love the first one--it looks like it was filmed in Iraq. The torture test video was much better. But, that "music". Dang! All the same, I wish this program were aired in Michigan!

Thanks for the heads-up,

Doc2005

FirepowerTV
July 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
Ok, for Download on Youtube, we are offering the entire episode of Guns of Vietnam.

This is a higher quality than what was up there a week ago.
Thanks For Watching
Guns of Vietnam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKPRjWSrVg)

MAKOwner
July 16, 2006, 04:00 AM
Well, that is exactly the kind of show I would definitely like to watch more of. I would watch video podcasts and stuff (including commercials) pretty regularly I would think, good stuff.

The guns of vietnam episode was quality stuff. If that is the more common format of the whole show that would be great stuff. I actually liked the headband-cam thing in the highlight video too, but it seems like the quality is pretty low (understandably) compared to regular video, so overuse would get annoying I would think.

Anyway, keep it up, I'm over in Atlanta so I assume it making it on regular TV here isn't going to happen soon, but I'd definitely watch podcasts though like I said.

RnR
July 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
Ya... this show needs to progess to video-podcasting for "local" consumption.

Great job guys and I will add my endorsement of:

1) Easing up on the music (to help turn viewers into converts)
2) Showing more of the internal workings of the various pieces featured (makes it an educational resource as well).

Again, great work!

TC-TX
July 16, 2006, 01:48 PM
FTV Folks - Great Start!

This is obviously an Improving, Morphing, Maturing idea and production that has LOTS of places to go...

Great Job so far!

You have a HUGE repository here in THR for show ideas... a vast Virtually Endless Supply!

This needs endorsement and air-time... How can we help?

Do you all have FTV Stuff to purchase? (shirts, hats, etc.) (I will look on the website as soon as I am finished here... GIMME Stuff would be Great!!! ;) )

Keep It Real, Keep It Fun and Keep It Interesting!

Good Luck!

FirepowerTV
July 16, 2006, 10:26 PM
Ok... Here is some more details and direction of the show.
1. Sponsors- we currently have Sigarms, Rock River, LaserMax and Kiesler Police Supply.
2. Podcasting- Here is the Link for the first Episode
FirepowerTV at the 2006 SHOT Show (http://www.clickcaster.com/clickcast/rss/1925)

3. Air Time- We air now in Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana. We have plans to include Nashville in the near future. We need to know which areas you guys are in and that want to see the show. We see Texas, Michigan and Georgia. We are also looking at Nevada. We dont think this show will work in markets like California and New York.

4. Merchandise- On the website, we dont have items up there. We do offer T-shirts and DVDs. The DVDs are for Sale on Ebay. Just look up firepowertv.

FirepowerTV
July 17, 2006, 09:09 PM
Ok, I am not sure if you are all the ones downloading the first podcast.
So, what do you think?
We will start posting new episodes every week as we can.

MAKOwner
July 20, 2006, 01:59 AM
Good stuff IMO, liked the SHOT show coverage. You should throw up a post on ar15.com too if you haven't.

LAK
July 20, 2006, 08:46 AM
One of my biggest gripes these days is about the presentation style that seems to have gripped and dominates every type of non-fiction and documentary programming on our television productions.

Frantic "industrial music" as background noise, trendy commentary - and cameras that can not keep still for more than ten seconds (or far less) at a time. It is like watching MTV - with varying subject titles only - and merely perpetuates what is a manifestation of the current and progressive culture rot. Geared to people with the attention span of a pop music single - and certain to cultivate more of the same.

There is plenty of interest and excitement to be found in the world of shooting, when it is presented so as to put the viewer "on scene" in the event etc presented - whether it is mixing it up with dangerous game , or shooting paper targets with a .22 target pistol. And an intellectually based commentary using the english language sans pop culture embellishments.

--------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Sheldon J
July 20, 2006, 09:31 PM
:rolleyes: I really need to go there someday, only 1/2 day drive from here.:D

FirepowerTV
July 21, 2006, 06:32 PM
We have just uploaded the Sig's Tortue Test Entire 30min episode.
Enjoy
Sig Torture Test on FirepowerTV (http://clickcaster.com/item/view/firepowertv-sigarms-torture-test-show)

FirepowerTV
August 22, 2006, 12:31 PM
We are offering more Podcast of the show
Go to www.clickcaster.com/firepowertv
and download some of the latest shows.

xMetal
August 22, 2006, 01:35 PM
I really enjoyed the full length Sig test. NIce show overall, very enjoyable. Thanks for making some of that available online!

If I could make only one critique, it would be that while it's fun to see the hosts shoot the guns, not being able to see the actual hits makes it slightly anticlimactic. It might be nice to edit in a few closer angles, especially for fun stuff like paint cans or watermelons.

But really, I personally haven't seen a better show. Keep up the good work.

sterling180
August 22, 2006, 02:05 PM
Iv'e got to get the BBC,to broadcast that-oh how politically incorrect.:evil:

Justin
August 22, 2006, 02:42 PM
...and cameras that can not keep still for more than ten seconds (or far less) at a time.

FWIW, it's been pretty much a standard in the film and video industry for the last couple of decades that you typically will have two-second cuts.

The only times a shot will last longer than that is if it's meant to convey a particular point, or the editor is lazy.

FirepowerTV
August 22, 2006, 02:47 PM
http://myspace-803.vo.llnwd.net/00830/30/81/830411803_l.jpg

LAK
August 23, 2006, 04:04 AM
JustinFWIW, it's been pretty much a standard in the film and video industry for the last couple of decades that you typically will have two-second cuts. The only times a shot will last longer than that is if it's meant to convey a particular point, or the editor is lazy.
Yes, I've noticed - here at home in the USA. In europe and other places things tend to be alittle more relaxed, in depth and intellectually presented.

Two-second cuts might work in very small doses; forming the major content of any presentation precludes detailed visual examination of the subject matter. Might work well for MTV music videos, TV ads and CNN broadcasts, but very little for much else.

------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

If you enjoyed reading about "New Style of Firearms Television" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!