Ruger KBP-7 ... Stainless or Blue

PDA

geraldbergeron
June 20, 2006, 07:11 PM
Hi everybody,

I want to buy a Ruger revolver KBP-7...

I wanted the stainless one ( about $ 600.00 ), which I prefered.

I was offered a blue one ( about $ 450.00 ) .

What is your advice ?

.......................................................................Gerald............/

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger KBP-7 ... Stainless or Blue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MCgunner
June 20, 2006, 07:28 PM
Hold out for the stainless if it's really what you want. I love the stainless guns for clean up. Blued shoots just as good, though. I just think if you want the stainless and you settle for the blued, the want ain't goin' away. That there is experience talkin'. :D

RBak
June 20, 2006, 09:37 PM
I just think if you want the stainless and you settle for the blued, the want ain't goin' away. That there is experience talkin'.

I know exactly of what you speak! Better advise is hard to find.
Get what you want, or you will never be happy with what you got. I can say this with a certain amount of experience too.

I don't want to take away from this thread, but it took me years, and cost a lot of necessary money, before I actually dug in, and got what I wanted...exactly what I wanted, and I ain't looked back.

If you want a stainless, be patient.
If you want it bad enough, it will happen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/RussB256/Ruger_Old_Army.jpg

Respectfully, Russ

geraldbergeron
June 20, 2006, 11:10 PM
Russ,

What a great photo !!

I think that I will wait a little more and buy the stainless one, maybe I could find find one like yours.

Great piece of collection.

Thank you for sharing.

................................................................................Gerald........../

4v50 Gary
June 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
If you buy a blue one and you're heart is set on stainless, you'll always pine away for your first love. Hold out for the ONE and she'll give you a lifetime of loving in return.

Move aside Dear Abby, a new love doctor is in town. :p

RBak
June 21, 2006, 12:39 PM
Gerald....After re-reading my above post, I had meant to say, "I have spent a lot of un-necessary money", by buying what I thought I could get by on, and not on exactly what I wanted.

If you really want a stainless, hold out until you can get it. If you want to have it engraved, hold out until you can find someone who can do it your way.

I suspect "delayed gratification" is the key here.....it is much more real than instant gratification, if it's not exactly right at the moment.

Respectfully, Russ...

dwave
June 21, 2006, 02:23 PM
Wait for the one you really want, or you won't really be happy with the one you get.

Smokin_Gun
June 22, 2006, 03:48 AM
I always say and usually get one a each...LoL!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger KBP-7 ... Stainless or Blue" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!