21st Century Paul Revere Ride

PDA

hoji
June 20, 2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.21stcenturypaulrevereride.us/

If you enjoyed reading about "21st Century Paul Revere Ride" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zedicus
June 20, 2006, 09:42 PM
If I had a Motorcycle I would have Joined them in Boise.:cool:

neoncowboy
July 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
They arrived at my mother's house about 3:30 this afternoon.

These are some of the brightest, best intentioned, self-sacrficing, articulate, dedicated, patriotic, freedom-loving American citizens I have ever been around.

Mama fed them a steak dinner and made up the spare bedrooms for them to spend the night.

Tomorrow morning they're on my friend's radio talk show and then they're going to go try to get thrown out of WalMart.

If you are somewhere between NE Georgia and DC, shoot them an email and try to get these guys to come to your town. They're really great folks to spend an evening with.

I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

Warren
July 24, 2006, 12:08 AM
How come William Dawes never gets any love? He rode farther and informed more people than Revere yet it is the silversmith that gets all respect.

xd9fan
July 24, 2006, 07:52 AM
How come William Dawes never gets any love? He rode farther and informed more people than Revere yet it is the silversmith that gets all respect.

Maybe because Paul was involved with damn near everything that was going on in Boston at that time., more than just riding. He was an organizer and a doer. That gets noticed. He designed the routes, backup plans and was first to ride off on messenger routes in many cases. But he was not alone.

The solo midnight ride is a myth. The messenger "system" was a well thought out, collective effort by guys like Dawes and even John Larkin who did not ride but gave Paul his horse 'Brown Beauty' to ride on that fatfull night.

The system was decentralized, spontaneous ......and it worked....hmmm....like the internet.......spontaneous order....hmmm.....

armoredman
July 24, 2006, 11:52 AM
http://bobhartwell.com/AmericanRevolution.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "21st Century Paul Revere Ride" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!