Things to do with jello and tupperware

PDA

mrmeval
June 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
It's bulletproof (http://www.pitch.com/Issues/2006-02-02/news/feature_full.html) yes?

If you enjoyed reading about "Things to do with jello and tupperware" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spin180
June 21, 2006, 03:57 AM
You can put it in the freezer, she explained. It's microwavable, it's bulletproof, you can drop it, it's

"Excuse me," the Pitch reporter interrupted. "Did you say this Tupperware is bulletproof?"

The rep offered the reporter a prize for using the word Tupperware, then answered the question.

"Yes," she said.

"Why?" someone else asked, flabbergasted.

The rep offered only a bewildered stare. An awkward silence followed before the party finally resumed, and the bulletproof question went unanswered.

It lingered, though.

Would leftovers in a Rock 'N Serve container really be fully protected from an armed assault? And who worries about an intruder threatening yesterday's lunch at gunpoint?

Later, after Rosete had completed her own Tupperware sales training, we asked whether she had been told that Rock 'N Serve was bulletproof.

"They didn't tell us to say it was bulletproof," she said. "But they did tell us it was the same material used in airplane windshields and bulletproof glass."

:uhoh:

I don't know what's more humorous... that she thought the Tupperware was bulletproof, or that she threw that supposed attribute between "it's mircowaveable" and "you can drop it" like someone would have bullet resistance on their list of things to look for in food storage containers.

HHhhmm, ballistic Tupperware. That's really what a Mall Ninja needs! He could carry his lunch in it and use it to absorb multiple .308 rounds while his wife assembles the .300 WinMag NEF... :p

:D

Thanks for the link, twas a rather interesting read.

;)

mrmeval
June 21, 2006, 06:43 AM
If nothing else it's a fun reactive target. You can mimic it with one of the cheap disposables and water with red food coloring. I need to try this and several other ideas on reactive targets.

orangelo
June 21, 2006, 08:23 AM
The bow and arrow worked better than the guns. :p

carterbeauford
June 21, 2006, 08:36 AM
Why is that guy smiling with a hi-cap detachable on his SKS?

rbernie
June 21, 2006, 09:04 AM
Good article - showed guns as fun things. We need more of that kind of journalism... :)

Wes Janson
June 21, 2006, 07:00 PM
Ahh, yes, the high-tech "XKS" "sniper rifle". Mortal enemy of Jell-O guerillas and Tupperware insurgents around the world.

Dionysusigma
June 21, 2006, 07:36 PM
Why is that guy smiling with a hi-cap detachable on his SKS?
You don't smile when you go shooting? :confused:

onikuma
June 21, 2006, 07:40 PM
hahaha :D thats a great article :evil:

Sheldon J
June 21, 2006, 07:48 PM
That would Divorce their hubby for doing that,:eek: mine says "no bring home Tupperware no lunch for work tomorrow" (Just kidding we use the other brand):evil:

kansas45
June 21, 2006, 10:59 PM
HEY, HONEY! Got any JELLO? Can I borrow your new Tupperware? Oh, nothin. Just wanted to do a little target practicing!:neener:

Detritus
June 21, 2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.officeguns.com/gallery_penetration.html

More fun things to do with jello, well sort of jello. My wife sent me this link from work. Now it makes me wonder what she is doing there. HHmmmmm

Selfdfenz
June 21, 2006, 11:47 PM
Was there ever a rifle more suited to shooting Jell-O filled Tupperware than the SKS?

Utilitarian....economical...perfect.

I bet the SKS was invented immediately after, and in direct response to, the Vodka Jell-O shot.

S-

Shipwreck
June 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
Too bad it isn't bullet rpoof. Think how much the police could save over using bulletproof vests. Just velco some Tupperwear ona nd go out on patrol :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Things to do with jello and tupperware" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!