Noise restrictions on local firing ranges in MD

PDA

ApexinM3
June 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
Hi all,
Let me preface this by apologizing to the Mods if I place this in the wrong place, but I couldn't figure out where else to put it.

I am considering joining up with the local gun club, Anne Arundel Fish & Game, located in Anne Arundel County, MD. My father has been a member there, as well as several other folkis I am close to. It is a great range with many fine people & I look forward to the opportunity to become a member.

I have some reservations that I would like clarified, though. They have a restriction placed on them from a lawsuit brought on by one of the local neighbor anti-gunnies that limited the times center-fire can be fired. 10am-4pm Monday thru Friday, 10am-2pm on Saturday, & prohibited on Sunday. I may be wrong on the times exactly, but I'm pretty close.

It is my understanding that the anti-gunnie moved out shortly after the case was decided in court (at a time when MD was even MORE hostile towards firearms than now).

So the question is this: what is the process of removing this restriction? I ask because I work pretty much during all of the above hours, which leaves Sunday only. If/when I join, I'd like to be involved in the reversal of this decision, not to mention the MD Shall Issue program as well.

Any advice/suggestions? As always, thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Noise restrictions on local firing ranges in MD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
K-Romulus
June 21, 2006, 02:10 PM
Not knowing the relevant MD law, there is one idea that may be possible.

If the range hours were set by a court order, you may be able to ask the court to reopen the case and amend the order, based on changed circumstances that now differ from whatever facts were relevant to the original court decision.

I would think a court might consider it relevant that the plaintiff is no longer around to be "injured" by the range noise. But that's me.

AJAX22
June 21, 2006, 02:38 PM
If the noise restriction just regulates centerfire ammunition, perhapse you should arange to host a nighttime civil war artillery reinactment, set off a few cannon at 10pm.

ApexinM3
June 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
host a nighttime civil war artillery reinactment, set off a few cannon at 10pm.

Don't tempt me, I'm spiteful enough to consider that...:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Noise restrictions on local firing ranges in MD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!