James Earl Jones FTW!

PDA

beerslurpy
June 21, 2006, 10:55 PM
linky (http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/articles/2006/06/20/news/opinions/editorial03.txt)
Acclaimed actor James Earl Jones summarized it best when he commented, “The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.” Although that concept seems quite clear to most Americans, the United Nations has failed to grasp its obviousness and is quickly moving towards a global gun ban.

Another pro-gun celeb who gets it? No way!

If you enjoyed reading about "James Earl Jones FTW!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FTF
June 21, 2006, 11:46 PM
You learn the value of a handgun after your own son cuts off your arm with a primitive lightsaber. I also believe he endorses ambidexterous safeties due to said 'accident'.

On a side note, I wonder if Luke could even own a blaster since cutting of your fathers arm could probably be considered 'domestic violence'???

shooter94
June 22, 2006, 12:02 AM
I saw him one day filming on the intersection where Sunset, Hollywood, and Vermont intersect.

Cool that he's enlightened...:cool:

1911 guy
June 22, 2006, 08:41 AM
And just plain savvy, to boot. Having the voice of Darth Vader never hurts, either. Actually, if you look into Mr. Jones bio, you'll find a very educated and intelligent man. Kinda cool, in this day of flaky celebs.

fourays2
June 22, 2006, 10:24 AM
he needs to tell kofi annan "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

#shooter
June 22, 2006, 10:29 AM
he needs to tell kofi annan "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
:evil: You beat me too it.

Vitamin G
June 22, 2006, 10:48 AM
What he reallyneeds to do is get with the NRA, make a bunch of narritive commercials with Oleg's artwork as a backdrop, and have the NRA fund them in prime time television!

orangelo
June 22, 2006, 11:17 AM
I think an ad with him voicing Vader holding a UN flag saying

"I will bring peace, justice, security and human rights to my new empire." would be more effective and true to life.

Blasters? Who needs blasters when the Empire will protect you?

MechAg94
June 22, 2006, 11:34 AM
I can just see the headline:

DARTH VADER ENDORSES GUN RIGHTS!!

:D

MechAg94
June 22, 2006, 11:35 AM
Anyone remember the bad guy in Conan the Barbarian?

lance22
June 22, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'd love to hear him say use the "he's as clumsy as he is stupid" line about Annan ;)

Working Man
June 22, 2006, 12:01 PM
Anyone remember the bad guy in Conan the Barbarian?

Oh yah... Thulsa Doom

But steel's not strong, boy....

So does he back polymers? :neener:

torpid
June 22, 2006, 01:49 PM
James pops up now and again here, and I'm always glad to read about him.

KMKeller
June 22, 2006, 01:51 PM
Folks, Had dinner with the man back in '89. Well grounded, articulate and highly intelligent. Our discussions didn't encompass firearms, but he seemed to me to be a man who thought for himself.

grampster
June 22, 2006, 01:57 PM
It doesn't surprise me that he is an intelligent man, grounded in freedom and the value of weapons. He was raised in Michigan, about 30 miles north of me. :neener:

dav
June 22, 2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but what is the 'FTW' in the title?

Desk Jockey
June 22, 2006, 05:09 PM
Sorry, but what is the 'FTW' in the title?

Geekspeak "For The Win"

xd9fan
June 23, 2006, 02:20 AM
picture of Vader's fist....."I AM THE NRA..."

"JOIN ME.. TOGETHER WE CAN LIBERATE THIS COUNTRY...BROTHER TO BROTHER"

"INDEED YOU POWERFUL AS KOFFI ANNON HAS FORESEEN"

Mitty
June 23, 2006, 10:14 AM
If you want to know where Jones gets his ideas about freedom, do a "James Earl Jones" search on Amazon.com and you'll find out real quick.

Live Free Or Die
June 23, 2006, 10:40 AM
If you want to know where Jones gets his ideas about freedom...

The Lion King? :D

Mitty
June 23, 2006, 10:45 AM
The Lion King?

No, but there is a King involved.

birddog
June 23, 2006, 11:24 AM
picture of Vader's fist....."I AM THE NRA..."

"From my cold, dead, bionic fingers!!"

RaetherEnt
June 23, 2006, 11:27 AM
Bruce Willis was also in NRA's Freedom First publication this month saying the same thing...Another pro RKBA Hollywood veteran. It's a start!

Davo
June 23, 2006, 03:57 PM
I always liked this guy.

Carl N. Brown
June 23, 2006, 04:24 PM
My wife and I were touring Washington in the 1970s
and photgraphed James Earl Jones at the Lincolm Memorial
where they were shooting a movie. The man has presence
to be remembered for a passing glance 30 years ago.
Only John Wayne could be more impressive.

vito
June 23, 2006, 06:02 PM
He is a member of the NRA and served as an officer in the US Army. If he and other pro-gun celebrities were more vocal, we might not have the negative image that the left-wing media has created for gun owners.

mljdeckard
June 27, 2006, 09:13 PM
"Apology accepted, Mr. Secretary General."

xd9fan
June 28, 2006, 01:00 PM
"Apology accepted, Mr. Secretary General."

:p :p :D :D :p :p

damn coffee on my shirt.......thats awesome.....lol

If you enjoyed reading about "James Earl Jones FTW!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!