Sile NY O/U 12ga shotgun

PDA

17RemFan
June 22, 2006, 07:14 PM
Hi . I was wondering what my Sile imported/ Italy Shotgun is currently worth.Its hard to find much info about them . I bought it new about 15 years ago.Its a 12Ga /3" with blue barrels and a silver reciever area with scrolling there. non selectable and no auto eject.It was listed as a field grade gun if i remember .I have kept it in perfect shape and only used it about 5 times or so.I dont think they are still being made.was going to sell it for 150 but now im thinking thats too low.. any comments ? thanks .

If you enjoyed reading about "Sile NY O/U 12ga shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
June 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
Hard to tell because they imported so many guns. Without even seeing a picture I'd have to guess that almost any O/U is worth $350-$500-whoknowshowmuch??? to somebody.

The Blue Book says "previous distributor, importer and previous manufacturer" and "...also had some firearms private labeled to their specifications."

Any way you can take it to a gunsmith or sporting clays range and get some opinions on the overall quality?

John

17RemFan
June 27, 2006, 07:56 PM
Hey , thanks for taking the time to check it out. I appreciate it.

kudu
June 27, 2006, 09:03 PM
If I remember correctly they sold for about $300-$350 new back 15-20 years ago. A buddy of mine bought one and used it for a while, he couldn't hit hardly anything with it at the time, had fixed chokes and non'selective barrels just like you described yours.

I would say if you can get $200-$300 for it you would be doing well.

JoeC
February 1, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hi,

This was a shotgun that was offered by sile. I purchased mine in 1985 at a local shop. The cost then was $500.00. I do not know what it is worth now.
This was a very good field gun for me. I stopped shoting it when I hit 2 Woodcocks (180 degress out from each other) with 2 shots. It also did well with trap, but it was brutal for my right cheek, so I stopped that too.

Hope that helps,

JoeC.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sile NY O/U 12ga shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!