May Mail in Match for Fellow THR Members

PDA

ReadyontheRight
April 30, 2003, 09:09 PM
5 Card. No Draw. (http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/images/5cardnodraw.pdf)

Bring your favorite pistol to the poker table target and take aim.

10 Paces. Standing, one hand or two with no artificial means of support, shoot FIVE SHOTS at the set of 12 cards on this month's target - the 3 through Ace of Clubs.

Scoring:

Straight Flush = 100 Points
5 Of a Kind = 95 Points
4 of a Kind = 90 Points
Full House = 85 Points
Flush = 80 Points
Straight = N/A
3 of a kind = 70 Points
2 Pair = 65 Points
Pair = 60 Points
Unmatched cards = Add up the card value (3-11 points per card)

Unless they are all unmatched, extra cards do not count (i.e. - you can't get 4 of a kind and an Ace for 101 points).

Better hands (i.e. a Royal Flush or 5 Aces) serve as tie-breakers.

You will notice that the cards overlap. Also, some big bore pistols may cut across more than one card. I will make it shooter's choice to pick your 5 best cards to make up for last month's difficult target.

"...that's 500 to you, Holliday. In or out?" ...... "500 Sly boots? Must be a peach of a hand..."

STOCK CLASS - Standard pistols with barrels 6" or less
IMPROVED - Pistols with significant improvements from out-of-the-box or pistols with barrels more than 6".
SCOPED - Any scoped pistol
NO OPEN CLASS this month.

I will allow 3 entries per shooter in any class this month.

Target available here. (http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/images/5cardnodraw.pdf)

This month's target has no info on it, so please write in the following:

www.TheHighRoad.org Member Name

Class________________________

Date_________________

Weapon used___________________Caliber______

Poker Hand__________

Score ____/100

Signature________________________

Mail to:
Mail in Match
P.O. Box 24211
Minneapolis, MN 55424-0211
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5/31/03

Safe shooting and good luck!

P.S. Please no whining about big bores vs. small bores. Small bores should be easier to aim and big bores are cooler.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "May Mail in Match for Fellow THR Members" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MoNsTeR
May 2, 2003, 12:35 PM
Ummm, assuming you hit a card with each shot, you won't score less than 80 points, because since they're all clubs you'll get a flush automatically.

DJJ
May 2, 2003, 02:10 PM
You suppose you could make the target available somewhere else? I don't have a printer at home, and the site is blocked at work, where the printer is (not that I'm using my employer's computer & printer to print targets, of course :uhoh: ).

I have no problem getting the little RPG Saddam, so if you could put it where that is, that'd work.

pytron
May 2, 2003, 04:37 PM
I'll try this as an attachment...

braindead0
May 2, 2003, 05:23 PM
What's 10 paces? 10 yards (my paces) or 10' (my wifes paces)???

And do you measure from muzzle of gun or your feet???

(this'll be my first mail in match, if you can't tell ;-)

pytron
May 2, 2003, 05:42 PM
Ummm, assuming you hit a card with each shot, you won't score less than 80 points, because since they're all clubs you'll get a flush automatically.

True, but you do have to hit all five.

I think the lower scores are for those who do not hit the cards every time. "Pair" and "Unmatched cards" are for those that don't get all five on the target.

I think this is taken into account for the scoring, but I could be wrong. That's why the straight is marked as "N/A" since you will automatically get a straight flush if you score a straight.

-Pytron

El Rojo
May 3, 2003, 12:12 PM
Is this a rapid fire event? Timed? Or just count off ten yards and shoot at the deck?

280PLUS
May 3, 2003, 01:13 PM
:D

charleym3
May 3, 2003, 10:04 PM
I can't get my home version of acrobat to open the darn thing at all. Grrrrr!

ReadyontheRight
May 4, 2003, 01:07 AM
Braindead0 - 10 Paces = 10 yards. I just wanted to infuse a little cowboy poker jargon, pardner.

Pytron -- Good call! If you hit 5 cards, you will get at least a flush, but you need to hit 5 cards with 5 shots - something I don't think I could do 12 times in a row. A straight would be a straight flush and get 100 points. To make it clear, one shot going through 2 cards cannot count both cards if you miss another shot, you choose the better card for your hand.

El Rojo -- unless specified otherwise, all of these matches are non-timed at your own pace.

Charleym3 - Try going to www.adobe.com and getting the newest version of Acrobat.

Ike Clanton: What is that Holiday? Twelve hands in a row? Ain't nobody that lucky.

Doc Holiday: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

El Rojo
May 4, 2003, 11:17 AM
I don't see how you can't just shoot at the middle of that target and not get your 5 hits. Well we needed this one after last month! I have three handguns, and I plan on submitting three targets. I think I will shoot one of them first for the easy 80 and then try to get a better hand with the other two for a better score.

Matt1911
May 4, 2003, 11:29 PM
I love this target,the kids and i play "poker" all the time on it.

foghornl
May 5, 2003, 11:53 AM
Ten Paces? ? OK, I'll have my next-door neighbors 2-year old step off 10 for me......:evil:

(I was sure you intended it to be 10 Yds, but I couldn't pass up the chance to be Mr. Smarmy Smart-Guy today)

MsLokNLoad
May 6, 2003, 09:47 AM
Good morning folks,

This is my first time posting (and trying to shoot this target). Got any good tips for a new member?

Terry

Steve Smith
May 6, 2003, 09:59 AM
Terry, you're an instructor...you should have this in the bag!

MsLokNLoad
May 6, 2003, 03:29 PM
Yep Steve, I'm an instructor, but am new to this web site. I figure that I can hit the target (hopefully) but asking for a bit of advice never hurts.

Besides, I'm hoping my back east Joisey pal might want to make a bit of a wager on this one. :neener:

J Miller
May 6, 2003, 03:44 PM
Got my targets printed. Got the instructions printed.
Now before I can go and shoot this postal match, it will be my first you know, I need some help.
I'm not a poker player. I have no idea which cards make a:

Straight Flush = 100 Points
5 Of a Kind = 95 Points
4 of a Kind = 90 Points
Full House = 85 Points
Flush = 80 Points

So as I read the instructions, it apears that besides hitting the cards we need to hit the appropriate cards to get the specified hand. Or, do I just shoot 5 holes in the same card for a 5 of, or 4 of a kind?

My question is, what cards make the above hands?

Now this isn't cheating, because I am at a great DIS-advantage to those who DO know how to play poker. :banghead:

I'd love to join in on all the fun, but in this match to go and randomly shoot 5 rounds into the target seems like a waste of time and ammo to me.

Thanks for the help.
J

braindead0
May 6, 2003, 04:34 PM
Straight Flush = 5 cards in sequential order of the same suit. like 2-3-4-5-6 all spades

4 of a Kind = pretty self-explanatory ;-)

Full House = 3 of a kind + 2 of a kind (2 tens and 3 fours for example).

Flush = 5 cards of the same suit. As all the cards on the target are the same suit, as long as you hit any card on all shots..you've got a flush.

J Miller
May 6, 2003, 07:30 PM
Thanks.
Now I know what to aim for.

J:D

Darrin
May 6, 2003, 07:43 PM
Now this looks like fun! Count me in for 2 targets; one in 9mm and the other in .22lr. Both of these will be stock class.

This is the kind of stuff I've been trying to get my coworkers into since we shoot almost every weekend! :)

Jeeper
May 6, 2003, 09:23 PM
I think I will print this out for our Houston THR shoot next weekend. That way we can have a little friendly competition.:D :D

MoNsTeR
May 6, 2003, 10:28 PM
Wait, are we allowed 1 entry in each class, or 3 entries in any combination of classes?

Darrin
May 6, 2003, 11:00 PM
I will allow 3 entries per shooter in any class this month

Outlander
May 7, 2003, 11:47 AM
Msloknload ... Besides, I'm hoping my back east Joisey pal might want to make a bit of a wager on this one
Hey Kid I was wondering when your cute self was going to show up.

Hmmmm .... a little wager, huh?
First I have to make sure you understand the rules.

1. YOUR target must be setup outdoors, on a windy day.

2. Close your eyes and wrap a black cloth around your head covering both eyes, followed by 3 layers of duct tape.

3. Spin around 3 times.

4. Assume your shooting stance.

5. Lift one foot.

6. After you fall over, whatever position you end up in is the position you will shoot from

Good luck.
(I've seen Terry shoot, these ARE the rules, RIGHT guys?) :scrutiny:

PS ... Only people from Brooklyn say "Joisey".

We'll discuss the terms of the wager via e-mail :evil:

MsLokNLoad
May 7, 2003, 12:18 PM
Out here in BFE, Colorado, the wind is always blowing at gale force strength, especially at DragonMan's shooting range.

Tell you what, Bob.. I'll shoot the target without my bifocals, with both eyes tied behind my back, holding the gun with my left hand, and stirring a bowl of Death by Chocolate cake mix in my right, all while doing the Hokey Pokey.

Steve Smith
May 7, 2003, 12:43 PM
MsLokNLoad, Frontier has better wind barriers. I'll be going over there on Sun and also during the week for some prone practice. I'll let you in the gate and you can shoot your target there.

MsLokNLoad
May 7, 2003, 12:51 PM
No better way to spend Mother's Day. Just let me know a time. Thank you! :D

laynlow
May 7, 2003, 01:05 PM
Better hands (i.e. a Royal Flush or 5 Aces) serve as tie-breakers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a royal flush is impossible without a 2 on the target. This would make five aces the only tie-breaker correct?

ReadyontheRight
May 8, 2003, 02:04 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a royal flush is impossible without a 2 on the target. This would make five aces the only tie-breaker correct?

A "royal flush" is 10-Jack-Queen-King-Ace of the same suit - Clubs in this case. All are in this target. That is the top hand in poker (with no wild cards and only 4-of-a-kind possible) and the top hand here.

Because moving your point of aim is presumed to be more difficult than hitting the same spot 5X, a straight flush will beat 5 of a kind in this match. I've never figured out how that works in Poker. A straight flush is any straight in this match and scores 100 points - beating 5 of a kind - which scores 95 points. The high card in a straight flush determines the tie-breaker. An Ace-High Flush is a Royal Flush and a winner.

Royal Flush ties will be broken by
1. Past Scores in Mail in Match events
2. Quality of compelling RKBA arguments espoused in www.thehighroad.org and www.thefiringline.com
3. Number of public thank-yous posted to Oleg Volk for running this site
4. Documented ability to agree with opinions posted by match judge (me - ROTR)
5. Number of posts on THR -- so post early and post often.

Thanks all for the help answering poker and rules questions! Tell your friends about the match and get them out shooting. That's the best thing you can do to support RKBA and our Bill of Rights!

P.S. After the straight flushes, 5 Aces beat 5 Kings; 5 Kings beat 5 Queens, etc.

laynlow
May 8, 2003, 03:55 PM
OK, thanks for the clarification. I was looking at a poker rules website, and their description made me believe you would need an Ace,2,3,4,5.

WhoKnowsWho
May 9, 2003, 10:19 AM
1. Past Scores in Mail in Match events: I might actually have time to try this one.

2. Quality of compelling RKBA arguments espoused in www.thehighroad.org and www.thefiringline.com: My Signiature line sums up one point to argue on.

3. Number of public thank-yous posted to Oleg Volk for running this site: Thanks! Don't know where I would be without this site.

4. Documented ability to agree with opinions posted by match judge (me - ROTR): Whatever you say.

5. Number of posts on THR -- so post early and post often.: +1 for me! :)

El Rojo
May 9, 2003, 10:32 AM
What about number of words typed in critism of the Mail in Match and then number of targets submitted for MiM? Those should go right under number 1. Or whatever ROTR says. :D

Okiecruffler
May 9, 2003, 06:38 PM
It isn't as easy as I thought. I used my Rossi M88 for the stock class, so I knew I was fighting an uphill battle with that one, but I thought my Striker would be a breeze for the scoped class. Forgot how hard that thing is to hold steady without a rest.

But here's some of my thinking. To get a flush, you would have to hit five different cards. This actually hurts my score, but you can't have a flush and a pair in a real poker hand.

I would love to see this one repeated some time in the future, say as a 50 yrd rimfire match. Now that would be a challange.

This was the best target so far. Four people came up to me at the range to see what I was doing. A BIG THANKS to ROTR for taking the time to mess with this.

ReadyontheRight
May 15, 2003, 12:22 AM
To get a flush, you would have to hit five different cards. This actually hurts my score, but you can't have a flush and a pair in a real poker hand.

If you hit five cards with five shots, I'll count it as a flush.

Glad you like the target Okiecruffler! Maybe we'll have to do a similar one for rifles.

ACP230
May 18, 2003, 11:56 PM
I shot some poker targets today proving that:

1. I am no poker player.

2. These targets are harder than they look!

photo_guy
May 25, 2003, 01:01 AM
This was my first attempt at one of these match targets. It was, indeed, harder than it looks.
I decided to 'go for the royal' but did not get it. I started with the 10, my thinking was that it is near the center if I missed the 10 I would likely hit the J,Q,K,A nearby and get another shot at the 10 later. It might have worked if I were as good a shot as I thought I was<G>.

braindead0
May 25, 2003, 08:32 AM
So, when's the cuttoff date for these targets, and can I scan and email?

Thirties
May 26, 2003, 10:34 AM
These targets are much harder than they look. You do not have a central spot to aim at is one reason.

R_O-T-R, I just shot my target today and will send it from the post office first thing Tuesday morning. Please get it on time (grin).

ReadyontheRight
May 26, 2003, 10:35 PM
So, when's the cuttoff date for these targets, and can I scan and email?

E-mail to MailinMatch@Yahoo.com. Scan to a .jpg please.

Cutoff for classic mail is RECEIVED in Minnesota 5/31/03.

braindead0
May 27, 2003, 07:58 AM
E-mail to MailinMatch@Yahoo.com. Scan to a .jpg please.

Will do high compression as well, the quality probably isn't too important..as long as you can see the score ;-)

ReadyontheRight
May 27, 2003, 01:50 PM
the quality probably isn't too important..as long as you can see the score ;-)

Yes -- please write in your score. Ties go to the shooter. Thanks!

El Rojo
May 28, 2003, 11:46 PM
Hey Boys and Girls, I just went and shot this month's match. Man am I upset. I decided to shoot the Colt 1911 .45 ACP first. I did Ok. I won't mention what I got at this time. Then I shot my Glock 27. I was so mad. My first two shots were on. First one in the Ace, 2nd one in the King. Then I am squeezing off the...bang! I wasn't ready for that. The hole is 1/8" to the right of the Queen!!! :banghead: So I say screw it. Next two shots placed very nicely in the Jack and 10. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It gets worse. I get my Taurus PT 92C ready to shoot. I decide to see where it is hitting so I shoot a practice shot off the target. For some reason after gun goes off and I feel particles splatter my face. I am thinking that is odd to get back blast. Everything seemed to cycle fine. I go to shoot again, the trigger did not reset. I am looking at the gun and I notice the bar that goes along the side of these 92FS type models seems to be sticking out about 1/8" away from the side of the slide. That doesn't look quite right. I unload the gun and take off the slide. Sure enough that bar on the side is off and the trigger will pull, but then it stays still. You have to manually cock the hammer and it will shoot, but then it doesn't reset. I figure I am screwed so I say to heck with it. I had the locking block break on this gun a few years back, sent it back to Taurus, they fixed it for free and shipped it back. So I figure I can just have them fix it again.

I printed three targets, one for each of my handguns. I have a target left. Being a regular THR member, I never feel comfortable going shooting without brining along a full size battle rifle for "what ifs". Mainly I don't want to get stuck in a gun fight with just my pistols, so I will always take my M1 Garand or my M1A along with me. Today the M1 Garand went along. So I figured, what the heck. I can just enter it in the open class. What??? No open class this month! Can I consider it a pistol with a barrel greater than 6"??? No! There is no justice in this world!

The good news is I got home and took the Taurus apart. I took off the right hand grip and just pushed that bar in and it works again! I also found the case for that round. It had a rupture at the base. At least I lived and at least the gun was easily fixed.

So the real question is, since I got a whole lot of nothing on my Glock 27 target, but I am submitting it for scoring, are we still keeping the lowest score for the month? I still don't agree with that. I am being punished for shooting more than one gun. Can anyone else support me on this one? We should be rewarded for shooting multiple guns. Only getting to keep my lowest score makes me not want to shoot multiple guns or just lie about it. Come on guys, get ROTR to change his mind! Can we take a vote?

photo_guy
May 29, 2003, 12:42 AM
I hate to tell ya this El Rojo but your target in your picture does not have a straight flush(as written on the target). It is just a flush. The cards must be in an uninterupted sequence to be a straight flush and you have 7,....10,J,Q,K.
You needed 9,10,J,Q,K for a straight flush or, better yet, 10,J,Q,K,A for a royal flush.

El Rojo
May 29, 2003, 02:25 AM
Well I hate to tell you photo guy, but the hole in the 7 is going through both the Jack and the 7. Notice how the cards overlap? That low shot is actually going through both. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thirties
May 29, 2003, 06:49 AM
"Well I hate to tell you photo guy, but the hole in the 7 is going through both the Jack and the 7. Notice how the cards overlap? That low shot is actually going through both. Someone correct me if I am wrong."

El Rojo, if the way you scored your target is correct, then it would be very easy to get straight flushes. Here's another vote for no overlapping.

Do you want to see five aces?

photo_guy
May 29, 2003, 09:13 AM
Well, If hitting cards that are under other cards is OK then I didn't score my targets correctly. I did not interpret the rules to allow non-visable hits. [Kinda made sense that the target area for the high cards was smaller than that for the low cards in the front.]

Judges [Readyonthe right]- we need a ruling on this.

El Rojo
May 29, 2003, 09:43 AM
Check out the very first post by ROTR. You will notice that the cards overlap. Also, some big bore pistols may cut across more than one card. I will make it shooter's choice to pick your 5 best cards to make up for last month's difficult target. If we couldn't use overlapping hits, I don't think ROTR would have said it was shooter's choice in order to make up for last month's target, nor I would he have specifically mentioned, "notice that the cards overlap." Rescore your target Photo Guy! :)

photo_guy
May 29, 2003, 10:02 AM
"You will notice that the cards overlap. "

Yes, I did see that but I read it more as a warning to "watch out, the area is smaller" than as you interpreted it. The following statement about "cut across more than one card" made sense separately since this is standard target scoring practice.

Perhaps you are correct. It was still fun no matter what. Now that the rules are sorted out I'd like to try it again at some point.

[BTW - if overlaped hits are acceptable then the target you posted does have a royal flush, not just a straight flush!] :)

Oh, and I'd rescore my target if I still had it!:D

kumma
May 29, 2003, 11:48 AM
el rojo - that argument seems a little weak to me, i took the overlaping to mean if you hit two cards in the grey area with say a 45 slug example between the 10-9. just like hitting the scoring circle on a regular target. ;)

all i can say is overllapping corners should score as the card they hit not the one under them. it makes it all the more challenging that way. less area for each card, less problems as well with hit the 7 count as 7.

now as for the 30-06 pistol, i sure hope thats not your ccw rig. :D

craig

Steve Smith
May 29, 2003, 12:02 PM
The way ROTR phrased the "overlapping" statement, is seems like El Rojo should get the Ace AND the Jack. Now, in the future, I agree that stipulating that overlapped cards not be scored is the proper way to do it.

El Rojo
May 29, 2003, 07:25 PM
I disagree with you guys. Why would you put up a deck of cut in half and 3/4 cards up and shoot at them. If you hit the card, you hit the card. I think the only reason they overlap is so they all fit on the paper. So hitting the card on top is the same as hitting the card behind it. If you hide behind a small piece of paper and I shoot a hole in that paper, does the bullet not also hit you?

I guess he could have just been addressing the gap in between cards. Since they overlap and there is that small space between cards, he could have just been talking about that. I don't know. I am in an argumentive mode right now, but I realize, it is pointless for us to do so. What ever ROTR says, is pretty much what I am going to accept. I can see it going either way. From the original instructions, it is not very clear.

The nice thing about this is we are hashing out the logistics. Now we can probably generate some example targets for future matches. That way it will all be very clear in the future. "Note shot labeled #2. That could be scored as a Ace or a 10. Shot #5 could only be a Jack." So that is the good thing.

And Photo Guy, I am sure that ROTR can rescore your target for you. That is why you scan them and send them in, you always have your originals. You don't have a scanner? Well I guess this is a good reason to go get one! :D

photo_guy
May 29, 2003, 09:31 PM
"The nice thing about this is we are hashing out the logistics. Now we can probably generate some example targets for future matches. That way it will all be very clear in the future. "Note shot labeled #2. That could be scored as a Ace or a 10. Shot #5 could only be a Jack." So that is the good thing."

Yes, exactly. I'd like to see this target again in a future match. I'm sure ROTR never expected this to generate this much discussion.

As far as I'm concerned, score it again or don't it really doesn't matter. I had fun trying to shoot the target using the rules as I understood them at the time.

ReadyontheRight
May 30, 2003, 12:39 PM
Posted earlier --

To make it clear, one shot going through 2 cards cannot count both cards if you miss another shot, you choose the better card for your hand.

So if you have only 4 shots hitting cards, even if they overlap, you cannot score a flush or straight. You only have 4 cards.

I'm shooting mine today. It seems like it's harder than it looks.:D

Steve Smith
May 30, 2003, 12:53 PM
ROTR, that doens't completely answer the question. May the shooter choose which score he takes if he hits overlapping parts of two cards? If so, El Rojo gets the Ace AND the Jack. (there are two hits on the Jack)

ReadyontheRight
May 30, 2003, 03:19 PM
ROTR, that doens't completely answer the question. May the shooter choose which score he takes if he hits overlapping parts of two cards? If so, El Rojo gets the Ace AND the Jack. (there are two hits on the Jack)

Whoops! I did not see the hit through the 7, I thought he only had 4 hits.

10-J-Q-K-A - Royal Flush for El Rojo. Unfortunately, El Rojo brought a rifle to a pistol match w/ the Garand, but even if we had an open class this month, it's only for if you don't have the featured weapon.

Kind of a mess of a target with the overlapping cards, but it's all in good fun

Mal H
May 30, 2003, 04:33 PM
Well, all this talk made me get off my lazy butt and actually go shoot a target. I tried to make it as uncontroversial as possible by aiming for the club symbol. I missed 2.

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner (I know, get with the program), so I took an ephoto of the target and attached it below. Hope it is acceptable, thre's no way I could get it in the mail to arrive in time.

Class: Scoped

Date: 5/30/03

Weapon used: Mk512 with red dot scope Caliber .22 LR

Poker Hand: Royal flush

Score 100/100

Signature (on file) ;)

ROTR - Do you want the targets mailed to you anyway? I'd be glad to do that.

ReadyontheRight
May 30, 2003, 05:33 PM
No need to mail it Mal H. The photo works. Nice shooting!

El Rojo
May 30, 2003, 07:16 PM
Everyone is trying to keep the Redheads down. Not classifying the M1 Garand as a pistol with a barrel of over 6". Bastards!!!

Thanks ROTR. Photo Guy ask him to rescore your target.

ReadyontheRight
May 30, 2003, 09:27 PM
...classifying the M1 Garand as a pistol with a barrel of over 6"

Hmmmmm....Interesting idea for the new Minnesota concealed carry law. Anyone have an idea for an IWB holster?

"Is that the greatest battle implement ever devised in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

DeputyVaughn
May 31, 2003, 02:21 AM
I'm really going to try to actually shoot my target tomorrow (actually today being it's after 2400). Anyway another busy month and now I'll be shooting at the last minute. I hope I'm up to it. My arm injury is much better.

Scott

DeputyVaughn
June 1, 2003, 12:18 AM
Shot my target and got it e-mailed. I must admit to having to take advantage of the overlapping cards rule to get my score. It was a fun target anyway. Thanks again ROTR.

Scott

Okiecruffler
June 1, 2003, 02:33 AM
I waited too long to use snail mail, and this morning my scanner went from "kinda cranky" to "big paper weight". Still, I had a great time with the offspring today with copies of that target playing poker at 50 yrds with .22 rifles. Oh well, I'll get you guys next month.

ReadyontheRight
June 1, 2003, 09:05 AM
Results will be posted the evening of Monday 6/2.

ReadyontheRight
June 3, 2003, 10:22 AM
Sorry competitors. I had a double-whammy hit me last night. I got off work too late to get to the post office and my Time Warner :barf: internet connection was down all evening.

May results WILL be posted tonight.

El Rojo
June 3, 2003, 10:23 AM
Why does ROTR tease us? I am sure he is going to give some excuse like he is married or he has a newborn or something. Whatever. :rolleyes:

LOL! He posted seconds before I did. His post wasn't there when I started typing! Thanks!

Steve Smith
June 3, 2003, 10:49 AM
May results WILL be posted tonight.

Good answer! :D

photo_guy
June 3, 2003, 11:19 AM
ROTR - Don't appologize, just go back to your original post and use the edit command to make it say 6/3 (or 6/4) instead of 6/2!:D

I appreciate your efforts to coordinate this match. Thanks!

ReadyontheRight
June 3, 2003, 11:22 PM
May 2003 Poker Shoot Results:

The recovering DeputyVaughn (hope you're doing well), Tupperware and Quantrill all got Royal Flushes for a 3-way tie in the Stock Class.

ACP230 wins the Improved Class with a flush - shot with his Colt Combat Commander in (?) 9mm (?)...where's the hardball?

Mal H, Peter Gun and your humble range officer ROTR tie for 1st in the scoped class with three Royal Flushes shot with a Ruger MK512 and a pair of scoped Browning Buckmarks (jeez I love that gun!).

Nice shooting everyone! I probably should have established a better tie breaker, but it's all fun. I especially like the Royal Flush attempts that went haywire on the last shot (like my .357 and El Rojo's .40 S&W -- at least I flinched DOWN on the Queen and got a 7 to pull out a flush on my 5th shot). I also like the dual entries with a 100-point Royal Flush and the 95-point 5 Aces with a sub-1" grouping just to show off!

DeputyVaughn Royal Flush 100 Stock EAA Witness .45 ACP
Tupperware Royal Flush 100 Stock S&W 15 .38 Special
Quantrill Royal Flush 100 Stock High Std. Supermatic Citation .22rf
Thirties 5 Aces 95 Stock S&W 15 4" barrel .38 Special
Tupperware 5 Aces 95 Stock S&W 15 .38 Special
Quantrill 5 Aces 95 Stock High Std. Supermatic Citation .22rf
Terry Fontaine 5 Aces 95 Stock S&W 686 .357 mag
Outlander 5 Aces 95 Stock S&W 22S .22lr
Outlander 5 Aces 95 Stock S&W 686 .38 Special
Outlander 5 Aces 95 Stock CZ 75B 9mm
Duckfoot 4 Aces 90 Stock HK USP .45 ACP
Terry Fontaine 4 Aces 90 Stock S&W 686 .357 mag
EL Rojo 4 of a Kind 90 Stock Colt 1911 .45 ACP
Terry Fontaine Flush 80 Stock S&W 686 .357 mag
ACP230 Flush 80 Stock S&W 57 .41 mag
ReadyontheRight Flush 80 Stock Ruger GP100 .357 mag
Photo-Guy Flush 80 Stock Brolin L45 .45 ACP
Photo-Guy Flush 80 Stock Brolin L45 .45 ACP
Photo-Guy 3 of a Kind 70 Stock Brolin L45 .45 ACP
ACP230 Pair of Aces 60 Stock S&W 649 .38 Special
El Rojo Mismatched 43 Stock Glock 27 40 S&W

ACP230 Flush 80 Improved Colt Combat Commander 9mm
Peter Gun 3 Queens 70 Improved Ruger Super Redhawk .44 mag

Mal H Royal Flush 100 Scoped Ruger MK512 22lr
Peter Gun Royal Flush 100 Scoped Browning Buckmark Micro c-more red dot 22lr
ReadyontheRight Royal Flush 100 Scoped Browning Buckmark Varmint 22lr
Kumma Flush 80 Scoped S&W 686 .357 mag

Year-to-date scores to follow.

RULE CHANGE FOR NEXT MONTH: After some well-reasoned arguments and a lot of whining, this will be the LAST month where your WORST score is carried forward. From now on, I will carry your BEST score forward. Unless otherwise noted, I will only allow three entries per month and all must be in different classes (the whole point of multiple entries is to encourage good people to purchase more weaponry).

Nice shootin' Huckleberries! Not that we need it, but here's a cool correction chart for bullseye pistol (http://www.sportshooter.com/improving/images/correction_chart.gif) if you haven't seen it yet. I tend to either push down or heel it anticipating recoil.

ReadyontheRight
June 3, 2003, 11:48 PM
Year to Date Results - Graded on a Curve

Participant Name/Total Score/# of entries/Average Score

DeputyVaughn 441.4 5.0 88.3
Thirties 310.6 4.0 77.7
Outlander 295.0 3.0 98.3
Peter Gun 257.4 3.0 85.8
CharleyM3 236.4 3.0 78.8
ReadyontheRight 230.4 3.0 76.8
El Rojo 211.5 4.0 52.9
Monster 190.5 2.0 95.3
Larry_Minn 187.5 2.0 93.8
Bedlamite 180.6 3.0 60.2
ACP230 160.0 2.0 80.0
Kumma 156.8 3.0 52.3
Okiecruffler 128.0 2.0 64.0
JRHines 100.0 1.0 100.0
Mal H 100.0 1.0 100.0
Blueduck 98.2 1.0 98.2
Quantrill 95.0 1.0 95.0
Tupperware 95.0 1.0 95.0
Blackjack 92.9 1.0 92.9
Glock_17 92.9 1.0 92.9
Thumper 92.6 1.0 92.6
Trapshooter 90.5 1.0 90.5
Duckfoot 90.0 1.0 90.0
Lyle Wyatt 89.5 1.0 89.5
Pappy John 88.9 1.0 88.9
T.Stahl 88.9 1.0 88.9
Augedog 85.7 1.0 85.7
Frohickey 85.7 1.0 85.7
Cordex 83.9 1.0 83.9
Hansolo 80.4 1.0 80.4
Terry Fontaine 80.0 1.0 80.0
Photo-Guy 70.0 1.0 70.0
Boondocker 67.9 1.0 67.9
DMK 64.2 1.0 64.2
KCustom45 62.5 1.0 62.5
Robert J. McElwain 55.6 1.0 55.6
Drama Freak 49.5 1.0 49.5
PDModerator 48.4 1.0 48.4
Kevlarman 38.9 1.0 38.9
Shakespeare 22.1 1.0 22.1

El Rojo
June 4, 2003, 01:08 AM
Thanks ROTR. Great job. That was a pretty good turnout. I think our best so far right? I think this month will be good too.

Peter Gun
June 6, 2003, 11:10 PM
I was the only one to use a .44? Come on, everyone knows paper cards require massive penetration, right?:)

Thanks again ROTR, I'm having a ton of fun w/ this. Glad my targets made in under the wire!

BTW folks, I'm not shooting that spectacularly, but I'm entering often so my overall score is way up there. Enter the June match today!!! :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "May Mail in Match for Fellow THR Members" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!