Does anybody make an IWB holster like this?

PDA

O.F.Fascist
June 24, 2006, 03:31 AM
I am looking at getting my first concealed carry holster, I've heard good things about the Versa Max II, and it looks good.

What I was wondering though does anyone make a holster similar to it, but with the pistol grip facing the other direction. Instead of having the grip going backwards it would instead go forward.

Just sitting around and thinking about it to me it doesnt seem like pulling a pistol out of a holster like that would be much of any slower to bring it to action from standing, however if one were sitting I think it would be alot more easier to draw the weapon than the standard method.

So does anyone make anything like that? Is there any specific term to describe that? Or am I just wrong and the whole thing is silly?

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anybody make an IWB holster like this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SpookyPistolero
June 24, 2006, 07:49 AM
A problem with that is you will most likely be pointing the muzzle at yourself at some point during the drawstroke. If you spend most of your time sitting down, either a shoulder holster or a crossdraw holster were designed with this circumstance in mind. If you have your heart set on the idea, you could try a left handed holster place on your right side, though I don't think you could do any better than a zero degree cant with that setup.

FedGunner
June 26, 2006, 12:54 AM
No training institution that I know of, will allow you to use a cross draw rig. It is too dangerous to the other students.

Punkermonkey
June 26, 2006, 05:32 PM
It's called the Versa Max II, left handed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anybody make an IWB holster like this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!