Observation on Miami Islamic Nutjobs

PDA

bogie
June 24, 2006, 11:13 AM
Guys... Some of these folks may have hung out here... They didn't have any guns or explosives, but they wanted 'em. And they wanted TACTICAL gear... Boots, uniforms, etc... After all, you can't be TACTICAL unless you have the boots and uniforms...

Sincerely,

Bogie
(wearing jeans, a t-shirt, tennies, and a 1911)

If you enjoyed reading about "Observation on Miami Islamic Nutjobs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
June 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
I'm sitting here wearing a floral Hawaiian shirt and cargo shorts. That's pretty "tactical" (camo) for most of Florida. :neener:

The Bush-haters have already started screeming that this was no AQ cell, just some dimwitted wannabees with a fantasy of newsworthy glory. I would point out that the same could be siad for John Mohammad and his sidekick Malvo who managed to make a name for themselves in suburban DC in 2002, keeping the citizenry in fear and Chief Moose looking like Bullwinkle for several weeks.

ctdonath
June 24, 2006, 12:00 PM
That's pretty baseless, and pretty inflamatory unto libelous.
Unless you can post some viable connection, I suggest you remove the accusation.

grimjaw
June 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
I don't see how this statement is libel.

Some of these folks may have hung out here

It might be true, don't know. If I wanted to learn about firearms, this is one place to do it. Blowing up buildings is a different forum, though.

jmm

No_Brakes23
June 24, 2006, 12:18 PM
Well I am pretty sure they weren't AQ, because AQ couldn't give a rodent's hindquarters about Chicago. It is my understanding that they hate New York because they see it as our cultural and financial center, and they percieve it to be a Jewish city.

These clowns in Miami are just angry at the man, (Especially stupid, since two are Haitian immigrants.)

However, just because they are unconnected does not mean they could not have become an actual threat. I don't consider it a victory in the WAR ON TAR'RŪ, but damn good thing they caught them.

The Bush-bashers are eager to downplay any "victory", and they are already on the defensive because of the Iraqi report of chem weapons found, so that's why I imagine they are so rabid about it.

If I wanted to learn about firearms, this is one place to do it.

THR is not the first site that search engines pick up for firearms based sites. It took me awhile to find it, and I only found it through other sites. Seriously, I thought THR was a Christian Conservative forum that was firearms friendly, (Similar to Frugal's,) when I first found it, (Based solely on the name, logo, and topic headings.) I think that would be less attractive than more visible sites/fora. As long as we are tossing around suppositions, I find it far more likely that they frequented GlockTalk. (Not a slam on Glock Talk, just an general observation of many of its members.)

AirForceShooter
June 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
You mean Camo is a fashion statement??

AFS

No_Brakes23
June 24, 2006, 12:45 PM
You mean Camo is a fashion statement?

Actually, it can be. After 8 years in the Marine Corps, and 2 years of fat nasty civilian life, I have amassed boxes full of cammies, coveralls, and flight-deck jersies that don't fit my newly tubby frame.

I took those clothes to work the other day, (A reprographic shop,) and the contents of the box were snatched up by my coworkers within 30 mins.

Plus for any wannabe, (And the Miami 7 were certainly that,) cammies make you look like a "Souljah", yo.

bogie
June 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
Wait a minute - I may have screwed up.

These guys wanted to be tactical, but they were mere posers - they weren't ubertactical...

Connor: [picking out weapons and gear] Do ya know what we need, man? Some rope.
Murphy: Absolutely. What are you, insane?
Connor: No I ain't. Charlie Bronson's always got rope.
Murphy: What?
Connor: Yeah. He's got a lot of rope strapped around him in the movies, and they always end up using it.
Murphy: You've lost it, haven't ya?
Connor: No, I'm serious.
Murphy: That's stupid. Name one thing you'd need a rope for.
Connor: You don't ______ know what you're gonna need it for. They just always need it.
Murphy: What's this 'they' ____? This isn't a movie.
Connor: Oh, right.
[picks up large knife out of Murphy's bag]
Connor: Is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right. Get your stupid _______ rope.
Connor: I'll get my stupid rope. I'll get it. There's a rope right there.

ctdonath
June 24, 2006, 01:35 PM
I don't see how this statement is libel.

Some of these folks may have hung out hereBecause it makes an absolutely baseless implication of a connection between an upstanding discussion group and a bunch of moronic terrorists. The statement is in the same category as "have you stopped beating your wife?" - there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that there is any truth to the statement, and it invites all kinds of bad publicity.

Yes, it is conceivable. It is also conceivable that you committed all kinds of horrible crimes last night - but you don't want me baselessly speculating about that in public, do you?

Henry Bowman
June 24, 2006, 01:48 PM
Ctdonath, it's more like finding out that Charlie Manson used to live in your neighborhood at the same time you did. "Wow. We may have shopped at the same grocery. He may have been looking at lettuce while I was buying apples."

Big deal. Maybe they came here and got mad and left because someone corrected their grammar or told them the beauty of the shift key. Maybe not. So what?

BrennanKG
June 24, 2006, 01:56 PM
I took Bogie's words more as a "you never know where you'll find weirdos" cautionary statement. And that, my friends, is true.

B.

Moondoggie
June 24, 2006, 02:41 PM
I haven't paid too much attention to this story yet.

I'm interested to find out what the criminal backgrounds (if any) of these individuals are, and what their real motivation was.

No doubt that they could have caused quite a bit of mayhem no matter how stupid they might appear.

Car Knocker
June 24, 2006, 03:20 PM
or told them the beauty of the shift key.

AHA!!! Someone else has noted that an increasing number of our members seem to have defective keyboards.

Wes Janson
June 24, 2006, 03:56 PM
I'd still like to know precisely what evidence they have against the guys in Miami. Where is it? There's a world of difference between a bunch of guys sitting around acting disgruntled and talking big about going out and "stickin' it to da man" and actual terrorists who have the intent, the will, and the capability to carry out their plans.

Car Knocker
June 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
Perhaps Monday's court proceedings will answer your questions.

kjeff50cal
June 24, 2006, 05:28 PM
And they wanted TACTICAL gear... Boots, uniforms, etc... After all, you can't be TACTICAL unless you have the boots and uniforms...

Their contact probally directed them to the nearest "White Sale" for their new "Linen Uniforms":evil: and the Dollar Store for a pair of Tactical Flip Flops:p .

ChickenHawk
June 24, 2006, 06:01 PM
IBTL

grimjaw
June 24, 2006, 06:54 PM
It is also conceivable that you committed all kinds of horrible crimes last night - but you don't want me baselessly speculating about that in public, do you?

I don't think that's what bogie's comments indicated, but whether or not you like the idea that an enemy of this country might have read information on the High Road, it might be true.

The people arrested:

- might have been educated in public schools paid for by your tax dollars
- might have paid taxes themselves
- might have served in the US military
- might have donated blood to the Red Cross
- might have gone to church with Jeb Bush

Is it troubling that people (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_mcveigh) living among us might seek to carry out an attack? I think so, but a vehement denial of it won't make it untrue.

These are my unscientific observations. I don't see how the advice gained here would be particularly useful to anyone plotting an attack. Typically posters stress self-defense only in the event of an attack on ourselves or our loved ones. They do not talk about the best way to assault or attack the undeserving nor do they recommend it, recognizing that it is illegal (some would say immoral). Terror attacks nowadays involve a noticeable lack of firearms, or for that matter 'tactical' gear. Most of the terrorists seem to want to blend in, not stand out.

I didn't take his comment personally because I know it doesn't apply to me and it's speculation. You might as well blame someplace that sells the 'tactical' gear for being culpable. The same decision recently that prevents firearms manufacturers from being liable in the case of misuse of their products would apply here.

I hope you are not offended by my comments, ctdonath. I do not want to be compared to the people arrested in Miami, either. I don't think a reasonable person would make that mistake. Anti-gun folks would compare me to a militant gun nut even before this news. :p

jmm

bogie
June 24, 2006, 08:14 PM
You guys are so tactical that you've mislaid your sense of humor. Heck, some of the airsoft kiddies who've been posin... er... posting on this forum as of late sound like they're "better" equipped.

Bogie
(tactically attired in jeans, sneaks, Pigpen t-shirt, hawaiian shirt (just got back from Home Depot) and 1911)

Preacherman
June 24, 2006, 08:26 PM
And what, precisely, does this thread have to do with the stated mission of the GGD forum???

:confused:

:fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "Observation on Miami Islamic Nutjobs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!