I'm The new guy

PDA

gunchuck
June 24, 2006, 11:17 AM
hI FOLKS i'm an ol woodchuck from vt. been huning fishing shooting for 40+ years I've been reading this forum off and on for a couple , a lot of my searches have sent me here . So I filally joined . I need help . when I was 7 years old I split 3 chords of wood for an ol boy and got a 22 rifle for the job . well as the years have gone by , i've shot at least 3 decent bucks with this little 22 and 100s of squirel & partrege. woodchucks, porcupine fox, coon etc. well to the point! a couple days ago , one of my friends came over with her dog , mine and hers started horsing around and wham they knocked the ol 22 onto the tile floor and the bacolite stock broke in half . I know the ol gun isn't worth more than 25 or 30 bucks but I love it . and want to find a stock for it but i'm having zerro luck I dont care if it's cracked ,chipped ,or wood , anything just so I can shoot my ol toy agin it's just a sentimentle thing I guess. anyhow [ don't laugh]:neener: it's a JC Higgins modle 101.16 semi auto made for sears ,I allso think a savege 6,87 will fit but i'm not sure .
HELP ME PLEASE
THANKS big BILL :banghead: :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm The new guy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigFatKen
June 24, 2006, 11:29 AM
Don't be so quick to say its not worth anything. There are JC Higgins collectors who would swap you a working .22 for your broken one.

However, depending on it's rarity, they may be getting the best deal.

Talk to a JC Higgins member. One may post later.

fixyurgun
June 24, 2006, 01:03 PM
Welcome to THR. the stocks for the model 87s do seem to be hard to find. There is a complete rifle on Auction Arms right now. the bid was $11 with 3 days to go.
Have you considered gluing the halves back together? I have repaired tenite stocks before with acra-glass from brownells. It's worked so far. jim

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm The new guy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!