CT is getting rough this summer

PDA

distra
June 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
After 20+ shootings in Hartford so far this year, a Galstonbury (eastern suburb) LEO was shot with his own weapon. http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=5075526

If you enjoyed reading about "CT is getting rough this summer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jman74
June 25, 2006, 10:36 PM
Yes it is. We've had rash of robberies and car thefts lately in a town where crime really isn't that much of a problem. Glad I'm not working in Hartford right now. I've spent the better part of the last two years working there.

mp510
June 25, 2006, 11:10 PM
Fox 61 just reported that the police have taken somebody into custody pertaining to the shooting, which may also involve a B&E and auto theft. Caught the guy in Hartford, but the gun is still loose. The shooter is being held and his bail is set at $1,000,000. Sgt. McKeon of the victim officers department said that the shooter was pretty determined to get at the weapon since the officer was employing the weapons retention skills the department trained him.

I think most of the problems are based out of some rough inner city neighborhoods. Same place most of the problems originate.

Hawkmoon
June 26, 2006, 12:09 AM
Camacho ... I wonder which sector of the border he crossed over. Last I knew, Hartford (not to mention New Haven, Bridgeport, Waterbury, Stamford and Danbury, CT) had a significant population of illegal aliens ... errr, "undocumented workers." Dang, I know that intersection ... in another lifetime I worked about a mile from there.

distra
June 26, 2006, 09:45 PM
Yep, my son's Doc is just down the road from here. Just shows me no community is immune to crime and violence.

280PLUS
June 26, 2006, 11:07 PM
Yup, drive through that area almost every day. Haven't been to Hartford in a while now.

Hoppy590
June 26, 2006, 11:20 PM
hey you can always drive up 91 and move to springfield. prime example of how wonderfull MA gun laws stop violence. one of the toughest ( if not THE toughest) states in the US and stille Springfield holds the number 3 position for violent crimes in citys over 100,000 ( 2003 survey http://204.17.79.244/profiles/tables/crime/city100k_crimecomparison2003.pdf )

If you enjoyed reading about "CT is getting rough this summer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!