My C&R from PA should work in VA, right?

PDA

Mooseman
June 25, 2006, 10:49 PM
I have a C&R and live in PA. I'm going to be spending the week in Virginia on business. My understanding is that I should be able to go to a local gunshop there and purchase milsurp with a copy of my signed C&R. Am I right? Has anyone here done this? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "My C&R from PA should work in VA, right?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lone_Gunman
June 26, 2006, 02:06 AM
Yep, that will work.

Leatherneck
June 26, 2006, 07:34 AM
A C&R is a federal firearms license, good in all 50 states, except where state law is more restrictive.

TC

Steelcore
June 26, 2006, 08:21 AM
Theoretically it should work.However,many dealers in Virginia won't accept it.They want everyone to do a background check.It does no good to *reason* with them,they will just get mad and refuse to sell to you.If you see something that you REALLY want,don't get mad if they refuse to accept a C&R.Just do the background check.

If you enjoyed reading about "My C&R from PA should work in VA, right?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!