Colt Pocket 25

PDA

clarkpat
June 26, 2006, 01:40 AM
I have recently been nominated to do some repair work on a Colt Pocket 25 but am unfamiliar with the dissambley of this perticular weapon. I would appreciate any help with this situation.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Pocket 25" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
June 26, 2006, 02:48 AM
Over the years Colt made two different .25 vest pocket pistols, the first was hammerless, and had a grip safety. The second had an exposed hammer you can cock with your thumb, and no grip safety.

Which model do you have?

roo_ster
June 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
Fuff:

Wasn't the hammerless/gripsafety .25 made by Astra & imported by Colt?

jaybar
June 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
Go to http://coltautos.com/ Select the appropriate model (sounds like a 1908 vest pocket 25 vACP) and then click on "disassembly instructions". This site has about the best tech info on colt autos around.

Jim K
June 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
Be careful if takedown goes further than field stripping. That gun, like the M1903 pocket hammerless, comes apart easy and goes together hard.

Jim

Old Fuff
June 26, 2006, 03:35 PM
The Astra Cub was imported and sold as a Colt until the 1968 GCA came along and the little pistol couldn't be imported anymore. Thereafter Colt assembled the guns but might have imported the pieces. I'd have too do some research to find out.

Jim is absolutely correct! The only part(s) on the 1908 model that should be removed after field stripping is the grips. If you need to clean out gunk, varnish, and other whatever do it in a solvent bath.

clarkpat
June 28, 2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the help the Colt Autos website was great.

One other thing. I am not sure if the gun was blued and the blueing wore off or it is nickle, but it has become tarnished. What do you all recomend for polishing it back up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Pocket 25" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!