Thanks, THR!

PDA

El Tejon
June 26, 2006, 06:10 PM
A few months ago I inquired about the proper weapon for an eight year old boy. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=186287&highlight=Gun+nephew

I purchased a CZ Scout for Noah and while I was in Boston, Noah had his belated birthday party. The rifle was a big hit.:D

Grandpa put it in his woodshop vice and installed sling swivels and my brother is ordering a proper shooting sling so he can stop shooting off a picnic table.

Thanks to everyone at THR who provided input (waterhouse)! Much apprepriated, gentlemen. The suggestions not accepted will be during future birthdays and Christmases.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Thanks, THR!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fly320s
June 26, 2006, 09:42 PM
You took a gun to Massachusetts? :what:

Good grief man, where did you think you were, in America?

sm
June 26, 2006, 09:50 PM
Where be the Pics? We want to see this special young man and his New CZ Scout.

Hoppy590
June 26, 2006, 09:53 PM
you can still get a gun in MA, you just gotta subject to the anal probing... atleast thats what the guy at the gun shop said :uhoh:

El Tejon
June 27, 2006, 10:16 AM
sm, I am certain Grandma and Mom took plenty of pics, but since I was away in Boston, I have yet to see them.

Fly, no, I did not take a gun to Massachusetts, but to Indianapolis where the birthday party was held. I hopped on a plane to Boston on Friday, the birthday party was Saturday in Indy at my parents' home. My nephews live in rural Indiana in the Blue River Valley.

sm
June 27, 2006, 01:31 PM
El T,
yeah I figure "would ya'll quit snapping pictures so I can see my gun without spots before my eyes?" occurred :)

Next gun - cause I know you will have another occaision - Model 18 revolver. :D

Oh while you were in Boston - you did remember to stick your head in Cheers and yell "Norm!" for me - right?

Good, thank you.

Steve

svtruth
June 27, 2006, 01:52 PM
for the young man would be Bears of Blue River, set there. It is by Charles Major, written in 1900, and set "Away back in the "twenties" when Indiana was a baby state..." as it says in the beginning of chapter one. Lots of adventures.

El Tejon
June 27, 2006, 01:54 PM
Steve, you may find this hard to believe but my nephew does not say "y'all.":D He does say "youz guyz" though, and he talks a little faster than your quote.:neener:

Next gun will be Christmas. I am leaning pistol, perhaps the Bearcat. M18 is little big for him. (He has shot my brother's M18 and M17). Remember, he is very fit, but not a big fella. Being born prematurely set him back in the gate in the growth game. However, docs say that at puberty he could bounce back.

Brian Williams
June 27, 2006, 05:27 PM
You could get a S&W 35 instead of an k17:D

sm
June 27, 2006, 06:42 PM
Dear Noah,

Please be watching for the catalog with all the Expensive 28 gauge Shotguns I will be sending. Then just pick one out and send the billing to Uncle Tilecrawler.

Yeah I know, that Uncle still eats bait, he don't know any better, still a great guy. Just say "yooze guyz" and "spilled" around him and then go back to "ya'll "and "tump" when he ain't around.

Us kids gotta stick together ya know...and everybody knows us'uns born a bit early are better looking, more talented, and turn out better anyway.

Oh, really get to jonesing for the 28 ga Webley & Scott - that way Uncle Tilecrawler will not think twice about plunking down monies for a Ruger Red Label.

Regards,

Steve

Just 'cause Noah ain't adopted me as an uncle - don't mean I can't advise like one ...

:neener:

freedom and guns
June 27, 2006, 06:53 PM
Your nephew is lucky, for the gun he has and for where he lives.

El Tejon
June 28, 2006, 01:28 PM
Steve, dang it, man, no shotguns until trigger control becomes second nature. Trying to ruin the boy (and my disposable income)?:D

And for his family--even his crazed Uncle.:D Both sets of grandparents support his shooting. His maternal grandmother told me "he's got to learn sometime, might as well be now when he's young". His mother grew up around men with guns and encourages his shooting and giving Uncle Kirk no dissenting remarks or even eye rolls when the boy is presented with guns and ammo. The boy's father, my brother, takes him shooting (just out the back door) and lets him handle his gun collection as long as Dad is there.

Just wait until I start writing about #2, Josiah, age 5. He is THR material. He sleeps with Matt's American Rifleman and runs to Uncle Kirk and demands that he be read Gun Digest cover to cover.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Thanks, THR!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!