Guns, bullets, and magnets

PDA

leadcounsel
June 27, 2006, 01:31 AM
I have a bedroom concealment question:

I have a large magnet that will hold a pistol. I am considering attaching this magnet to my bed siderail. I will then attach a pistol to the magnet and drape the bed skirt over the gun.

The magnet will hold the gun securely but allow for easy removal.

I don't have any kids or untrustworthy guests to worry about.

I intend on draping the bedskirt over the gun to conceal it.

I could also attach a large knife and even a small flashlight to the magnet.

It will probably be equally easy to grab as from a drawer, but less likely to be found by a smash and grab thief.

Any thoughts or concerns about the ammo, primers, slide function of the firearm being attached long term to a magnet?

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns, bullets, and magnets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ABBOBERG
June 27, 2006, 01:03 PM
If you have any metal filings, chips, paper clips, etc. in the area, they will stick to your gun when it becomes magnetized. If you get a large enough metal shaving or other object in the chamber, then your gun will not work.
Have you considered making a holster out of wood (that's what I use) or Velcro?

TMM
June 27, 2006, 02:23 PM
a magnetized steel tool is a pain in the ass. i would hate to IMAGINE a magnitized pistol... screw a cheap kydex holster on the bed or somthing.

~tmm

leadcounsel
June 27, 2006, 07:59 PM
I originally thought about a cheap used leather or kydex holster, then got away from that idea when I found these large magnets.

I think I'm back to the holster idea now.

Thanks all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns, bullets, and magnets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!