They Found It.

PDA

Dionysusigma
June 27, 2006, 01:53 AM
Follow-up from: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=205980

Got a call from OCPD today saying that they found Rosalina (my Bersa .380). :D :D :D

Apparently, some old guy was doing yard work and came across a sock in his bushes. In it was a little Bersa .380, scared and hungry but otherwise apparently unharmed. ;)

He, of course, called the police and they picked it up. They ran the number and found my report from a week and a half ago, and called me to notify it was recovered. They apparently still need to run a few tests on it to see if it's been used unlawfully since then, but aside from that, everything is okay.

Not sure about the state of the holster (it was just a cheap Mil-Tec nylon IWB) as I prefer it to a dirty old sock.

Goodness knows that I'm relieved, especially since I couldn't afford a replacement, anyway. :p Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out and gave me moral support on the matter.

:)

If you enjoyed reading about "They Found It." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DesertEagle613
June 27, 2006, 02:08 AM
I love a happy ending :D

RocketMan
June 27, 2006, 02:57 AM
You are going to feed it well after it returns?

abdrdude
June 27, 2006, 05:26 AM
Glad to hear that your gun has been found safe and sound. Scott

Dionysusigma
June 27, 2006, 06:05 AM
RocketMan: You are going to feed it well after it returns? Yup. A big, fancy meal of 200 Federal 90gr. FMJ, and an expensive dessert of 20 PMC 95gr. Starfire. :D

That, and afterwards an hour-long spa of Hoppe's and CLP. :)

Rickstir
June 27, 2006, 08:52 AM
Love a story with a happy ending. Treat her gentle, she has been through alot.

tegemu
June 27, 2006, 08:57 AM
After her unwilling and enforced absence, I would think she deserves some quality leather from one of the Good Guys (My preference would be Gary Brommeland.)

espanola
June 27, 2006, 09:13 AM
Fantastic! I know you're relieved.
Don't you know the guy who found it has a creepy feeling finding a stolen gun in his bushes?

nitesite
June 27, 2006, 09:31 AM
All's well that ends well... :) :) :)

silverlance
June 27, 2006, 11:29 AM
when they find my baby they'll melt her down send me her hacked-off front sight...

=(

torpid
June 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
Glad it's back on it way to you.

Ala Dan
June 27, 2006, 12:19 PM
Wow~! Congrat's, cuz its one in a million thats ever recovered.:eek: :D

Punkermonkey
June 27, 2006, 12:29 PM
A happy (and rare) ending!

mnrivrat
June 27, 2006, 12:35 PM
Congrats !

I have my fingers crossed that it wasn't involved in a crime so that you can get a swift return.

Let us know when she's home to stay .

.38special
June 27, 2006, 12:38 PM
Congrats man. The other day I heard another story of a stolen gun and I wondered if you had any luck with your bersa. You're very lucky, and im happy for you

offthepaper
June 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
Man, I wish someone would put a couple of my missing "loved ones" in a sock to be found. :evil:

Optical Serenity
June 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Great story bro, glad to hear it all worked out.

freedom and guns
June 27, 2006, 01:10 PM
Treat her kindly, now. I am glad you got her back.:)

freedom and guns
June 27, 2006, 01:28 PM
Score one for the good guys!

yy
June 27, 2006, 02:47 PM
Sharing your good news made my day too. :)

Lennyjoe
June 27, 2006, 02:54 PM
Good to hear it was recovered.

Now be sure to look into some type of securing device (safe) if your going to leave it in you vehicle.

rust collector
June 27, 2006, 10:31 PM
Good for you. I hope all is well after the tests are completed.

You've probably already thanked the finder, but if not, a token of your gratitude might validate his decision not to ditch or adopt Rosalina.

Azrael256
June 27, 2006, 10:39 PM
Mazel Tov. Range trip this weekend to celebrate?

ABTOMAT
June 27, 2006, 10:55 PM
Congrats! In most places the happy ended costs extra. :D

I wonder, though, why would a crook abandon a recently stolen gun in some guy's bushes? Heat getting too close? Used in a crime? Left for someone else? Got a "Deagle" or a Glock fo-tay? :)

bg
June 28, 2006, 12:41 PM
Best go play the lottery..Sounds like it's your time.

Dionysusigma
June 28, 2006, 08:08 PM
Azrael256: Mazel Tov. Range trip this weekend to celebrate?
If I had the cash, yes. I still haven't been able to refill ammo stocks since the bachelor party. :(

rust collector:You've probably already thanked the finder, but if not, a token of your gratitude might validate his decision not to ditch or adopt Rosalina.
The police picked it up from him a few days ago, but I'm going to try and show some gratitude if I can find out the guy's identity. :)

Dionysusigma
July 19, 2006, 10:45 AM
Well, it's back.. I picked it up yesterday evening, where I signed a few forms stating that I was the actual owner and such, and was given my beloved Rosalina.

She was in... well, mostly good condition. The actual finish was the same, and there was no new rust, but the Property Room people had kept the only recovered magazine attached to the gun with packing tape. :scrutiny: :uhoh: Took a while to get the gunk off, but that wasn't the worst of it.

Upon initial inspection, I noticed something smeared all over the gun. It couldn't be... no... but alas, it was. They covered my Bersa with cosmoline. :banghead: :cuss: That was fun to get off. I can clean a Mauser with no problem, but an autoloading pistol with all those annoying bits that can fly out at the worst times? *Sigh*

So after getting all the gunky residues and such off, I lightly oiled it and put it in a very secure place. The holster and one of the magazines were never recovered, so as soon as I get a little extra cash I might just get that Fobus I've been thinking about. Maybe a Mec-Gar or two as well.

I'm just glad to have it back. :)

Stickjockey
July 19, 2006, 10:58 AM
...I might just get that Fobus I've been thinking about. Maybe a Mec-Gar or two as well.

Sounds like just the thing to help her get over her ordeal.

Azrael256
July 19, 2006, 11:10 AM
They covered my Bersa with cosmoline. Could've been worse, you know. At least it was preservative and not rust!

I'll be around sometime this afternoon (I think) to help with a move. I have beer and a telephone.

If you enjoyed reading about "They Found It." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!