Gotta go, it's been fun.

PDA

1911 guy
June 27, 2006, 08:33 AM
Recent events are looking like many "me time" activities, including both internet time and some range time are going to be cut back. It's a self-imposed restriction. My work schedule has been about 70 hours a week since February. When I come home, I've been either going to the range or getting on the net for a while every day. Oh, and also being nice as pie to everyone at work and a real rectal orifice at home.

So now it's wake up and make up time. I sat down with me, myself and I. We came to the conclusion that my family comes before my work or my fun. Fun time will be secondary to spending time with our son and a DISTANT second to getting things straightened out with my wife. I've put a lot of bad feelings between us the last few months. Good woman, got some making up to do and some hardcore butt kissing to do. I've been a real jerk.

Anyway, I may lurk occasionally, but you'll probably not hear from me for a long time. If my work schedule allows more family time, I may pop in. Great crew here, hate to leave. But, as much as I enjoy you all, I'd rather keep the company of my wife.

Watch your six and keep your powder dry.

Chris.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gotta go, it's been fun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nitesite
June 27, 2006, 08:41 AM
I support your decision 100%.

God bless your family, Chris. :)

Lou629
June 27, 2006, 08:44 AM
You have your priorities well thought out. Good luck!

1911Tuner
June 27, 2006, 08:45 AM
Best of luck, buddy. Life sometimes gets in the way of living. When and if you rejoin the group, we'll drink a toast to your return and pick up where we left off.

tegemu
June 27, 2006, 08:52 AM
It did my heart good to read your post. The best of luck to you and may the worst days of the rest of your life be no worse than the best of mine.

Nathanael_Greene
June 27, 2006, 08:55 AM
Good luck, and congratulations on making the right decision.

XLMiguel
June 27, 2006, 08:56 AM
Good luck, hope the "RESET" button works the first time.

hso
June 27, 2006, 09:03 AM
Well said and good luck.

Remember that it's just the internet.

AirForceShooter
June 27, 2006, 09:17 AM
Good Man!!
Groveling works.

AFS

Brian Williams
June 27, 2006, 10:56 AM
I always stop for my Wife when she needs me.

Model520Fan
June 27, 2006, 11:04 AM
Chris,

Thanks for reminding me, and for setting a good example.

Mal H
June 27, 2006, 11:22 AM
You're a wise man, Chris.

Come back and say "howdy" every now and then.

CK
June 27, 2006, 10:11 PM
Real Man got their priorities right. Put in also tons of prayer. Families that prays together stays together.

Pumpkinheaver
June 27, 2006, 10:25 PM
At various times in my past I wish I had been this thoughtful in life.

evan price
June 27, 2006, 10:40 PM
Chris: Been there, done that, got the Tee-shirt. Hard to reprioritize but I had same issue: Wife, kids, God, family, job, "me" time. About that order. Can always find a new job. The wife & kids, not so easy.

ugaarguy
June 27, 2006, 10:47 PM
Chris,

I'll keep you, your wife, and your son in my prayers. May God bless your marriage and family, and may the peace of Christ be with you.

Ric
June 28, 2006, 06:20 PM
A good man makes good decisions.

Your a good man

God Bless and don't give up.

Hemicuda
June 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
I am an OTR truck driver, out for 6 to 8 weeks at a time, and I am NOT married...

that said, My Girlfriend, (15 years, on and off), my family, and friends come first, before shooting, internet, and car restoration...

I'm glad you figured this out before it was too late!

Mortech
June 28, 2006, 09:51 PM
Good luck , remember a good woman is hard to find and raising great kids is alot harder .

Black Knight
June 28, 2006, 09:58 PM
Good luck. Best to you and yours. Take care of whats important. You know you have made the right decision, and so do we.
BTO-TCB / Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Taking Care of Business

Bigjake
June 28, 2006, 10:01 PM
good on ya man

grimjaw
June 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
Even my cat needs attention occasionally. Good on you.

jmm

If you enjoyed reading about "Gotta go, it's been fun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!