Iver Johnson M1 Carbine Value ?

PDA

Newton
June 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
I have an immaculate Iver Johnson Carbine that I may be interested in trading.

About 3 years ago I had the gun completely rebuilt by Fulton Armory (no less) with a new GI rear sight, new barrel, new gas tube, new bolt, and new cocking handle. Only the furniture, receiver and trigger group are stock. Since the rebuild the gun has had no more than 200 rounds through it.

I know it's a stange combination - an aftermarket M1 rebuilt by arguably the best M1 Carbine builders in the world, and with original parts too - but what would it be worth if I sold it.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson M1 Carbine Value ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave Markowitz
June 27, 2006, 09:50 PM
I'd say no more than $400, considering that one can buy a GI gun for $600 on up. One of the reasons that people prefer GI Carbines over the commerical copies is that often the copies' dimensions are off on parts of the receiver.

If you enjoyed reading about "Iver Johnson M1 Carbine Value ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!