Which scope on the Ruger Model 77 Mark II Frontier Carbine?

PDA

Nitupsar
June 29, 2006, 02:31 AM
Hi,

I have bought an old Mauser an M67, sharpshooter and want to customize it slightly. I have seen picsof the new Ruger frontier carabine and it looks close to what I would like to achieve with the old mauser.

Now I have understood that the scope that the frontier has *at least on the catalogue pic) is an "intermediate eye relief scope", but does anyone know which one? If anyone could name a few scopes that belong in the category "intermediate eye relief" I'd be grateful. :)

With the forward monted scope I will achieve two things, no work needed on the bolt arm, a cool look in the bargain!

If you enjoyed reading about "Which scope on the Ruger Model 77 Mark II Frontier Carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
June 29, 2006, 09:13 AM
The only IER scopes being made are the Burris 2.75x and the Leupold 2.5x. Sometimes, depending on the scope mount, the scope sits far enough down the barrel to use a low-power LER pistol scope. That's not worked out well fo rme (except when using the Weaver 2x) but other folks with different rifles have had better luck.

There are a couple of threads on this in the Firearms Accessories forum, if you want to search there.

smince
June 29, 2006, 06:40 PM
The IER scopes are sometimes referred to as Scout Scopes. This might help in finding one. The true Scout rifle has a fixed power, no greater than 3x, but many companies make IER's in variable powers.

Husker1911
June 29, 2006, 07:40 PM
Whitetail deer live in fear of my Burris 2.75 Scout scope mounted forward of the action of my .308 Remington 600 Mohawk. Man, is it ever fast to find a deer's shoulder!

If you enjoyed reading about "Which scope on the Ruger Model 77 Mark II Frontier Carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!