Model 70 bolt help quick!!

PDA

BsChoy
June 29, 2006, 12:09 PM
I have a post 64 Winny model 70 featherwieght that I accidentally decocked when I took the bolt body off of the firing pin assembly! I need to put it together so I can bring it to the range tomorrow! HELP

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 bolt help quick!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BulletFan
June 29, 2006, 12:14 PM
Don't worry, everybody does it at least once. Have friend hold one side of the bolt while you put all your strength into pulling back the cocking pin/slider/screw head etc (whichever it may be on a 70) to pull it back and latch it back into the correct position for strip down.
I took a screvdriver with a squared shaft and hung it on the edge of the pin, held on to the business end and the handle while the shaft pulled back the pin...I needed my wife's help with it too....it's a tight fit.

USSR
June 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
BsChoy,

It's a real PITA getting the striker pulled back enough to get the bolt back together, but once you do, I guarantee you will always make sure that the safety is on when you decide to dissemble the bolt, LOL.

Don

BsChoy
June 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
Thank you guys I got with help from the wife...all set....never again!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 70 bolt help quick!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!