Netherlands destroys club owned rifles at UN's behest: a cross post from battlerifles

PDA

Buckskinner
June 29, 2006, 12:47 PM
From http://battlerifles.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=37796

I was tonight at a rifle range and spoke with some one from defence , there were 176 Garands from the shooting clubs destroyd and 2024 new garands from a arsenal.
There are also 3 crates with new M1 Carbines from Winchester destroyd.
And 3 crates of new Steyr (STG58) Fal rifles.

I have no words for it!

Thanks to our minister of Defence!!!!
And the U.N.
"United Nations Plan of Action on Small Arms and Light Weapons"

This from the Netherlands.

How wide spread is the EU sycophancy of the UN?

I like it when others mention how those same M1 rifles etc. helped liberate the Dutch from Germany...

Pass the Rolaids.

If you enjoyed reading about "Netherlands destroys club owned rifles at UN's behest: a cross post from battlerifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
June 29, 2006, 12:51 PM
To think of all the lives wasted, saving the Dutch from Hitler.

Most of these were antiques, for Christ's sake.

Rumpled
June 29, 2006, 02:48 PM
Might these have been US Property that was required to be returned after the use for which it was loaned was completed?

ArmedBear
June 29, 2006, 03:12 PM
If these were US-owned rifles, that might be an act of war.

Personally, I think we can take the Netherlands. What about you?:evil:

PinnedAndRecessed
June 29, 2006, 03:19 PM
Personally, I think we can take the Netherlands. What about you?

Sure. But why would you want to?

ArmedBear
June 29, 2006, 03:25 PM
Dutch Shell.

Didn't you know we fight all our wars for oil?:p

nucstl1
June 29, 2006, 04:26 PM
Leave the Dutch alone with their Windmills and wooden clogs. The Dutch get theirs....They are the one nationality that the rest of Europe can agree to dislike. I think the still have deep resentment that we bypassed half of their country in the summer/fall of '44 to go after V2 launchers.

tulsamal
June 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
My parents lived in Bonn, West Germany from 1978 toi 1987. In our travels around Europe, the Dutch were some of the nicest to Americans. They still remembered WWII. They saw the Americans as allies. I don't know whether that has changed "on the ground" in the Netherlands or not but my inclination is to give their people a break. Likely it is just "some people" in their government. (Kind of like Canada!)

Gregg

ArmedBear
June 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
The Dutch were the first to rush into dhimmitude. Theo Van Gogh paid for it with his life.

bobaloo
June 29, 2006, 07:18 PM
Did everyone see this story:?

“Youths” Kick Man to Death on Crowded Antwerp Bus
From the desk of Paul Belien on Mon, 2006-06-26 21:38

The Belgian state is no longer able to guarantee the security of its citizens. On Saturday afternoon Guido Demoor, a 54-year old Flemish train conductor on his way to work, was kicked to death by six “youths” on a crowded bus near Antwerp’s Central Station. The incident recalls the rush-hour murder ten weeks ago of Joe Van Holsbeeck, 17 years of age, in a crowded Brussels Central Station on 12 April.

Guido Demoor, a father of two, intervened when six “youths” got on bus 23 in Antwerp and began to intimidate passengers. There were some forty people on the bus. Demoor asked the “youths” to calm down, whereupon they turned on him, savagely beating and kicking the man. At the next stop thirty passengers fled the bus. The thugs kept beating Demoor. They then pulled the emergency brake and jumped from the bus leaving their victim to die.

Three Moroccans, two of whom are minors, were arrested today. The website of the Dutch paper De Stentor reports tonight that a fourth suspect, believed to be the ringleader, fled into a shop as the police were poised to arrest him. He managed to escape from the shop when dozens of “youths” came to his rescue. Witnesses had described the culprits as immigrant youths of between 18 and 21 years of age. During the weekend the police had called for witnesses as only four people had come forward. The police offered the witnesses absolute confidentiality and promised not to reveal their identities. “Obviously people fear reprisals,” Gazet van Antwerpen wrote today.

Belgians do not have a constitutional or legal right to bear arms, not even purely defensive arms such as peppersprays. With the police and the government failing to protect law-abiding citizens the latter are, however, totally unprotected. Saturday’s murder has shocked bus drivers and train conductors, but they stress that they are not in the least surprised. Violence on public transport has become a fact of life.

Just another step in stripping these folks of their last vestige of freedom.

If you enjoyed reading about "Netherlands destroys club owned rifles at UN's behest: a cross post from battlerifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!