Bedding a Bell and Carlson

PDA

BsChoy
June 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
Is this needed more often than not?? I was hoping not to have to do it when I get it but am prepared to if necessary

If you enjoyed reading about "Bedding a Bell and Carlson" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sulaco
June 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
I just installed a full aluminum bedded Medalist on my Weatherby Vanguard. It is a good fit except for around the barrel. I had to remove a LOT of stock to get the barrel free-floated. The reciever was a great fit, nice and tight. I didn't see the need to bed it at all. I did have to remove a small amount of material from the rear of the stock where the bolt cocking notch slid out when the bolt was worked. I haven't shot it yet, but since it's now free-floated from close to the recoil lug all the way to the muzzle, I am sure it will group fine. I love the Weatherby style and the material and craftsmanship are pretty good. For less than $200.00 I can't complain too bad.

lycanthrope
June 29, 2006, 05:56 PM
I always free float my B&C stocks. Has worked out very well for me.

nipprdog
June 29, 2006, 07:44 PM
is it a Duramaxx or one with the aluminum bed?

thereisnospoon
June 29, 2006, 08:06 PM
I bought a B&C Premier Thumbhole for Long Action Mausers about a year ago. What a SWEET stock.

I bedded mine and it sure made a difference (about .5"/group).

YMMV

If you enjoyed reading about "Bedding a Bell and Carlson" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!