Help with gun breakdown--Davis .380

PDA

Geronimo-7
June 30, 2006, 11:08 AM
Can someone tell me how to take apart a Davis Industries .380? The firing pin broke and I bought a replacement, but I can't figure out how it breaks down. Any information would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with gun breakdown--Davis .380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RogersPrecision
June 30, 2006, 12:31 PM

st_albert
June 30, 2006, 05:22 PM

ehhh, can you elaborate on that?

BEARMAN
June 30, 2006, 07:28 PM
I just did a www.dogpile.com search of " DAVIS .380 DISASSEMBLY" AND GOT " THE FIREARMS FORUM" goto www.thefirearmsforum.com/archive/index.php?t-659.html . They suggest clear gun , pull back on slide, then push in takedown latch which is at the back of slide surrounding the back of the fireing pin, then lift back of slide up and slide it off the front of frame. Hope this helps.

Geronimo-7
July 1, 2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Bearman. That helped. This thing is a piece of garbage. I've seen kid's toys that were built better than this.

thales
July 12, 2006, 11:16 PM

I think you have it figured out now, but the proper way to "break down" a Davis (or Lorcin, Jennings, Raven, etc.) is with an eight pound sledge hammer. In other words, if you put more money and effort into it, you will have a more expensive piece of irredeemable junk. Trust me.

BluesBear
July 13, 2006, 02:45 AM
I was going to suggest the sledge hammer but Thales beat me to it.

Firing two-thirds to three-quarters of a box of ammo through one will usually break them down as well.

offthepaper
July 14, 2006, 07:21 PM
Hopefully, when it comes apart, that will be the intention!:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Help with gun breakdown--Davis .380" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!