Anyone know a good gun store in Atlanta?

PDA

Doug.38PR
June 30, 2006, 01:46 PM
Girlfriend is considering getting a Ladysmith/M36 S&W. Any of you Georgians or Atlantites know a good gunstore with a good selection and cheap prices?

Thank you from the other side of Dixie in the Lone Star State.

Doug

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know a good gun store in Atlanta?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cookekdjr
June 30, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yes, I know several. I lived in the Atlanta area till recently. Here are the places I recommend:

1. Adventure Outdoors. Google them. They are in Smyrna (not far from the Glock HQ; they also run a LE only store for discount glock sales). Generally speaking, they have the best prices on handguns in the Atlanta area. A very knowledgeable staff, and an honest company. Most of the staff are friendly, but some are kinda gruff. You'll find the gruff folks are there b/c they are expert gunsmiths. Adv Out has more guns than many gunshows you'll attend. Several thousand in stock.

2. Hotshots. They are a couple miles from Adv Out. They have a very nice, clean indoor shooting range. Their prices are usually good but not quite as good as Adv Out.

3. Phil Thompson. Phil works out of Tucker Gun and Pawn (He has some kind of arrangement with them; he sells most of his guns at gunbroker.com as the seller "ton80"). He is probably the #1 CZ seller in america. Phil is a very nice guy and usually can beat any price in Atlanta.

Those are the top three I recommend. There is also a good shop in Douglasville, but I forget the name.

Good luck.
-David

Hawkman
June 30, 2006, 04:29 PM
If she is on the northeast side, send her to Bull's Eye in Lawrenceville. If she is lucky my daughter will be the one to greet her as she comes in!:D

cookekdjr
June 30, 2006, 04:56 PM
Been to Bullseye. Nice folks, prices were reasonable.

Cacique500
July 1, 2006, 10:42 AM
I second (or third) the choices here.

Adventure Outdoors has the best prices I've seen.

Tucker also has excellent prices (especially on any CZ firearms).

Bullseye is a good store but I didn't check prices...was too busy shooting their full auto UZI and Thompson :D

David's Gun Room is another good store - prices were reasonable and the people are super nice.

Ed's gun & tackle is another good one.

knifestuff
July 1, 2006, 10:51 AM
All good choices on the north side of town--I prefer David's Gun Room, as he also has a good gunsmith and their staff knows what they are talking about. On the southside of Atlanta, Moss Brothers has good selection and good pricing and the staff has the latitude to deal, within reason.

pinetree64
July 1, 2006, 01:36 PM
David's in Norcross is good, but lately I've been buying guns at Forsyth County Pawn. I can order from places like CDNN(and others) and they only charge me $10, I love my FN Hi-Power. They carry a large line of S&W, many used guns.
I have also used Adventure Outdoors. Some of the best prices have been at BassPro.

Lastly, the Eastman guns shows are top notch. There are several coming up in July/August in the Atlanta area. The one in Gwinnett county at the North Area Trade Center is a huge event.

Norm357
July 2, 2006, 03:39 AM
On the southside of Atlanta, Moss Brothers has good selection and good pricing and the staff has the latitude to deal, within reason.

I used to buy quite a bit of guns from Moss, till one day I was looking to sell a NIB unfired Glock M23 and the idiot behind the counter said he could only give me 50 dollars for it. They lost a good customer that day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know a good gun store in Atlanta?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!