New THR Dictionary

PDA

George Hill
May 1, 2003, 04:06 PM
New THR Dictionary:

Skunk: Noun.
1 A small fuzzy black and white critter that stinks to high heaven when you piss it off.
2. Shortened name of Skunkabilly, an asian american that will send you to heaven if you piss him off.
Skunk: Verb.
1. To make "Tactical", to make all black and or to ad carbon fiber to an object. As in "I bought my Beretta plain, so I decided to skunk the grips.
2. To Be or to kit out tactically. As in "He decided to go to the emergency call Skunked".

adv., "The operator ran into the shoot house skunkly."
adj., "Skunk, skunkier, skunkiest (in reference to pistols and amount of carbon fiber)"; "The operator approached the skunky T-intersection."

(thanks El Tejon :D )

If you enjoyed reading about "New THR Dictionary" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BerettaNut92
May 1, 2003, 04:42 PM
ROR!

1 A small fuzzy black and white critter that stinks to high heaven when you piss it off.

Or even if you don't piss it off :)

2. Shortened name of Skunkabilly, an asian american that will send you to heaven if you piss him off.

Or Heck! Heck is the place for people who don't believe in Gosh ;)

:D :D :D ROR ROR

Sgt
May 1, 2003, 04:50 PM
Skunk,

He's got you figured out brother....LOL

That was great!!! Good Job George, I needed that!!!

Semper Fi, Sgt

El Tejon
May 1, 2003, 05:11 PM
How about adjectives and adverbs, George?

adv., "The operator ran into the shoot house skunkly."

adj., "Skunk, skunkier, skunkiest (in reference to pistols and amount of carbon fiber)"; "The operator approached the skunky T-intersection."

George Hill
May 1, 2003, 06:06 PM
LOL, I'm ammending my post now, to include those obvious and glaring oversights...

Now, does anyone have any other THR Dictionary additions?
Something like buying "Buying a lot of handguns all in a very short period of time... as in Tamara... "I Tammed the gunshow
meaning I quickly went around and picked up all the interesting handguns."

Let's see if we can make some additions. :D

BerettaNut92
May 1, 2003, 06:12 PM
CDI and CRDI should be added to the grossary--Chicks Dig It and Chicks REALLY Dig It, respectively.

in reference to pistols and amount of carbon fiber)

Carbonfibrousity: 'Amount of carbon fiber'

And of course, 'tacticality'

El Tejon
May 1, 2003, 06:22 PM
Hmmm, just verbs?

1. To Doc, verb, to convince a woman who is seemingly hesitant or hostile into allowing you to do something great, e.g. "I Doced my wife into allowing me to go to DHG3 at Thunder Ranch."

2. To Tejon, verb, to screw something simple up, e.g. "I Tejoned my M96 Swede; it now cocks on opening." or see "I Tejoned that last drill by dumping my magazine somehow before I landed behind cover."

3. To MPFreeman, verb, to receive a great gift from seemingly nowhere, e.g. "I was sitting at home watching the Pacers when a Bushmaster truck came by and MPFreemaned me several rifles."

El Tejon
May 1, 2003, 06:24 PM
Skunk, don't forget:

DDD=Dreaded Demons of Darkness

Bedsheetistan

SQUAT Team

Ledbetter
May 1, 2003, 06:27 PM
"He thought the Smith & Wesson boycott was over, so I Irwined him."

"He thought I was just gonna let it go until I started Jim Marching him."

George Hill
May 1, 2003, 06:31 PM
Hmmm... FUDDING, any armed response for some unexpected animal regardless of actual threat level.

"I Fudded when I saw this squirl looking at me through a window. "
Followed by: "So now that I Tejoned my window, I am on the way to Home Depot."

cordex
May 1, 2003, 06:38 PM
How about:
Blackhawk
Pronunciation: 'blak-"hok
Noun:
1. 1767-1838 Ma-ka-ta-i-me-she-kia-kiak Sauk Indian chief; allied with British in War of 1812; led dissident Sauk and Fox Indians in Black Hawk War of 1812
2. Helicopter in use by US military
3. One who blackhawks.
Verb:
1. To spend way, way, way, way, way too much time on a forum
2. To comment on everything, everywhere at every time.
3. To average over 15 posts per day, every day since THR opened.

Usage: Cordex only wishes he could at some point have the time to Blackhawk as much as Tamara, 10-Ring, Skunkabilly, Mike Irwin, Khar Carrier, El Tejon, or Cratz2.
also:
After a long day of blackhawking, Blackhawk drinks three pots of coffee and settles in for a long night of blackhawking.

BerettaNut92
May 1, 2003, 06:51 PM
Don't forget Blackhawk is also the world's finest tactical nylons!

QuarterBoreGunner
May 1, 2003, 07:28 PM
My wife sometimes wears tactical nylons- they're fishnet with a line up the back...

Is there a level of tacticality where one can no longer achieve a tactical edge? Sort of an über skunkiness? Carbon fiber nirvana?

Incidentally Aprilia has a new model motorcycle called the Tuono- carbon fiber everywhere... yummy.

BerettaNut92
May 1, 2003, 07:42 PM
Is there a level of tacticality where one can no longer achieve a tactical edge? Sort of an über skunkiness? Carbon fiber nirvana?

Yes. Consummate Carbonfibrousity.

PATH
May 1, 2003, 07:55 PM
How about the term "Lawdogingly" funny. Used to identify stories, anecdotes, and aphorisms that are outstandingly amusing.

"Blackhawker" a prolific poster.

"Volkism" a universal truth concerning gun rights.

George Hill
May 1, 2003, 08:09 PM
Verb: Volk, to take stunningly beautiful and or ironic pictures with or without attached meanings.
Adj: Volkster, a political or gun photographer. "American Handgunner has a great Volkster on staff."

Adj: Runt or "Runtish": "A very attractive woman with an engaing smile who is so well armed you wouldn't tell her so, due to the fact your afraid she might engage you."

Braz
May 1, 2003, 08:33 PM
Tamera: noun

1. To cause envy or jealousy; 'I thought I owned the coolest collection until my buddy pulled a Tamera and showed me his.

SteyrAG: verb

1. To cause envy or jealousy in those on the left coast; 'My friend in LA was bragging, so I SteyrAGed him with my new toy.'

:)

El Tejon
May 1, 2003, 09:00 PM
To Tamara, verb, Definition 2. to tell El Tejon to shut up and stop being a smart alec, "El Tejon was rattling on like the sleep-deprived REMF squirrel he is, when someone Tamared him."

coonan357
May 1, 2003, 09:13 PM
keyboard cover: something needed when reading some of the exerpts from THR...prevents things from shorting out .

coonan the way to close a thread (I noticed I am almost allways that last one to post.:confused:

Ledbetter
May 2, 2003, 01:20 PM
Amended definition, if you please:

FUDDING, any armed response for some unexpected animal/machine regardless of actual threat level. Remember the phone.;)

Or am I misremembering again?

MonkeyMan
May 2, 2003, 01:28 PM
C R Sam: noun, succinct.

gun-fucious
May 2, 2003, 02:11 PM
shouldn't this be an illustrated dictionary?
;)

spacemanspiff
May 2, 2003, 02:41 PM
spa`ce`man`spiff : verb, noun, adjective, all of the above: shortned to 'spiff'
definition: to screw your shots up yet blame everything else (i.e. magnetic plate shifting deep within earths core, tremors from '64 earthquake, bad burritos eaten last night causing rumblings in stomach and shifts aim, etc)

sample: "did you see bob? he was spiffing on his targets all day!"

spacemanspiff
May 2, 2003, 02:46 PM
illustration:

BerettaNut92
May 2, 2003, 02:53 PM
Gunfucious ROTTEWMGSLMAO!!!!!!!!!! (rolling on the tactical environment with my ghillie suit laughing my butt off)

keyhole
May 2, 2003, 02:55 PM
Keyhole:
Adj- To describe what your rounds do when shooting. followed by ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Pronoun- Name given by friend while doing 6 year stint as PI
(added 61 since someone else had taken it in another forum, so guess how old I am)

Henry Bowman
May 2, 2003, 02:56 PM
Wow. I aspire to someday have my handle added to the THR dictionary along side those mentioned above. :cool:

Required reading material: "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross

Send lawyers, guns and money.

Soap
May 2, 2003, 02:56 PM
Let us not forget to add the term "Gun Dork" to the dictionary right Skunk?

You could also add "Floryed" as in: "Dan went to KSFreeman's library and Floryed 10 books and 3 videos, then drove away in his Mercedes-Benz." :D

gun-fucious
May 2, 2003, 03:19 PM
"their argument was so full of holes, we immediately FLASHBUNNYIED them"

Nathaniel Firethorn
May 2, 2003, 03:35 PM
After the shoot, they sat around the clubhouse fire, drinking spiked mugs of tea and trying to out-lawdog each other.

- pdmoderator

Kobun
May 2, 2003, 03:47 PM
Kobun: Noun.
1. Nocturnal creature always surrounded by guns.
2. Collector of guns unavailable to most Americans.
Kobun: Verb.
1. To create "jealousy", to make some THR'ers drool.
2. To share his guns with others. As in "He kobunized the shooters, but then he kobuned them."

[Sorry if my Am. grammar sucks]

BerettaNut92
May 2, 2003, 05:25 PM
Kobun, You Norwegians piss me off!!! :D

Flory, yeah I totally forgot about Gun Dork!

QuickDraw
May 2, 2003, 05:40 PM
QuickDraw=verb.To kill a thread.Sudden end to a posted thread.
ex."That was a really popular thread until it was QuickDrawed.

Most of the time I post,the thread dies immediately :scrutiny:

QuickDraw

Nathaniel Firethorn
May 2, 2003, 06:02 PM
runt_ v. To carry more than one's own weight in concealed weapons. "I runt_ed 27 handguns, an AK, and a 155 when I went to Camden last week, and I still didn't feel like I had enough."

- pdmoderator

BerettaNut92
May 2, 2003, 06:39 PM
I runt all the time, or else the wind will knock me over.

sm
May 2, 2003, 07:01 PM
Main Entry: pax
Pronunciation: 'paks, 'päks
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, from Latin, peace -- more at PEACE
______

THR:
pax
function: one whom is gifted with quotes

Sisco
May 2, 2003, 07:08 PM
"ALL YOUR TACTICAL SKUNK ARE BELONG TO US!"

BerettaNut92
May 2, 2003, 07:23 PM
Tutta la vostra fibra del carbonio è appartiene a Skunk!

dongun
May 2, 2003, 07:58 PM
skunked: to be beaten so badly by an adversary, that your actual presence in the contest is subject to debate.

"I have been skunked so badly this turkey season, that my wife thinks I have a girlfriend with a fetish for camo."

coonan357
May 2, 2003, 08:11 PM
how about a H Bowman : a very humbling person ... HOWs THAT?

PATH
May 3, 2003, 01:16 AM
I suppose it is time someone put the definition of a "mall Ninja" in the dictionary.

Dave R
May 3, 2003, 01:25 AM
Proposed definition for "MallNinja":

MallNinja (adj.) tactical carried to a ridiculous extreme. As is in "OK, I can buy the full-time flak vest, but the 1" steel truma plate is a bit MallNinja for me."

Or,

"A 2-inch S&W .500 in a ThunderWear holster? Isn't that a bit MallNinja?"

PATH
May 3, 2003, 02:26 AM
Nicely said Dave!

BerettaNut92
May 4, 2003, 12:14 PM
Daniel Flory:
1. To call someone formally by their full name, esp by parents when you are in deep doo doo. "Daniel Flory. Come here right this minute."

George Hill
May 4, 2003, 05:17 PM
"It's a bit MallNinja to pack a DSA STG-58 Shorty in your book bag when going to the library..."

MallNinja... good one.

"I decided to go MallNinja so I loaded up 4 pistols and carried them all concealed. All I needed was some Milk and Butter... but that the heck. I REALLY needed the milk."

Soap
May 4, 2003, 06:37 PM
Very true Skunkability. ;) :D

grampster
May 4, 2003, 07:05 PM
Gr amp ster: Pre-Invective....Unintelligible grunts and sounds when prying, heaving, or otherwise attempting to assemble or disasemble firearm related products. Usually followed by coarse invective recently able to be reintroduced to THR, but symbolically shown as...********** usually accompanied by sweating and bulging eyes.

Man bending over gunbench with various and sundry gun parts in the process of being put back together...Grrrrr grrrraammmmp grrrr aaaaaaaaamp grrrrrrrrrrr amp (spring flies off something into the dark corner of the basement) sssssssssssttr!!!!! ********** **** ********* ***-****!

grampster :D :cuss: :p :rolleyes:

sm
May 4, 2003, 07:19 PM
So I was on gramstered knees,looking for the recoil plug I El Tejoned across the shop at my gunsmith's the other day.

I was paxing the new THR dictionary, when I spied it under the unSkunk-tical tool chest.

Then afterwards my gunsmith and I Lawdogged for a bit.

Ok, I think I"m ready for the exam...:D

Henry Bowman
May 6, 2003, 03:19 PM
Thanks Coonan.

I'd buy yours if it were for sale.

Hutch
May 6, 2003, 03:38 PM
To Hutch: (True story from high school, a looooong time ago). To miss a pool shot a blind man could make with his cane. The ultimate Hutch was to manage to scratch on the 8-ball, with the 8-ball positioned so as to be alllllllllllllllmost un-missable.

BerettaNut92
May 6, 2003, 03:48 PM
Mr Daniel George Flory, III Esq MD DDS:

Very true Skunkability.

:cuss: GRR!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

PATH
May 6, 2003, 04:08 PM
Skunkified v. To be made totally tactical.

correia n. a creator of fine shooting apparrel.

Irwinism n. a pithy aphorism pertaining to the shooting sports.

Soda-Popped v. to be beaten by a ringer at a shooting match. :D

PATH (acronym) Plinking at the heavens
Puttering around the house
Passing around the hat
Parking all the horses
Playing all the homies
Personable and terrically handsome
(please add your own suggestions) :D

Sean Smith
May 6, 2003, 05:15 PM
CastleBravo (Kas'uhl'bra'vo) verb

1. To provide an excessively long and elaborate response to a topic or argument. "I CastleBravoed his position favoring wool mittens with a 10,000 word dissertation on sheep migration patterns."

e.g. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15466

2. To discredit anyone saying anything negative about the 10mm Auto cartridge. "He got CastleBravoed by a bunch of people when he said that Delta Elite frames crack like pretzels."

e.g. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21229&highlight=10mm

Origin: Circa 1997, Sean Smith's original internet username.

bogie
May 6, 2003, 05:26 PM
Runtal: Take postal, and add PMS on steroids...

BerettaNut92
May 19, 2003, 01:19 PM
Check out my new toilet paper.

http://www.justtoiletpaper.com/camocombolarge2.jpg

to go along with this:

http://store5.yimg.com/I/supra_1728_2082503

If you enjoyed reading about "New THR Dictionary" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!