Kimber match trigger cut into my skin after 150 rds.

PDA

Retro
July 1, 2006, 08:26 PM
Man, this really sucks... I wish I can show you a picture of my finger...

After firing 150 rds today, my finger was hurting like hell. I realized that the sharp edges of the match trigger of my Kimber Stainless II cut into my finger and peel off a piece of my skin...

Since the trigger is anodized to silver, I won't be able to sand off the sharp edges.

Any recommendations for match/skeletonized triggers that won't hurt the finger?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber match trigger cut into my skin after 150 rds." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quinch
July 1, 2006, 09:18 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=746161
I put one of these in my Kimber. Very minor "fitting", more like just polishing a couple spots. No sharp edges.

huntershooter
July 2, 2006, 04:23 PM
What's the problem with dressing/sanding the edges of the trigger? Removing the anodizing from the trigger face will not comprimise anything. I currently have seven 1911's that have been dressed to suit me, never had any problems. I have never seen a new trigger that wouldn't require some modification in this regard- they're all too "sharp". Oh, the aluminum trigger is the same color under the anodizing.

Shipwreck
July 2, 2006, 09:32 PM
Try some gloves maybe?

Retro
July 2, 2006, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the input. My finger is now infected, and I am putting on some topical antibiotics. Didn't think that a gun will do this to my finger. :(

Old Fuff
July 2, 2006, 11:04 PM
The original Colt's had rounded faces on their triggers, and USGI blueprints still show them that way, but today's 1911 clone makers seldom if ever look at any blueprints. :rolleyes:

I presume the trigger fingerpiece is made from aluminum (or even plastic!) but in either case you can round the trigger's face so it doesn't abrade your finger. Done carefully it won't even show. You can replace the trigger, although that's expensive if you get a good one, and the replacement may have sharp edges too. :fire:

JoeHatley
July 3, 2006, 12:29 PM
The Ball Bearing Trigger by www.ccactions.com can have the pad polished rather than grooved at no extra charge.

For an old double action revolver shooter like me, it feels great.

http://www.iowatelecom.net/~hatley/sw1911bbtrigger.jpg

Good Luck...

Joe

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber match trigger cut into my skin after 150 rds." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!