Important aftermarker stock question.

PDA

BsChoy
July 1, 2006, 09:57 PM
I am going to be dropping a Winchester 70 Featherwieght into a carbelite stock soon and right now in the factory wood it shoots .50inch 5 shot groups and its not floated anywhere in the channel. The question is has anyone done something like take a non floated rifle barrel and action and put them in a floating configuration and still have them shoot like they did (if they did good in the first place)?? I really want to know before I alumahyde or duracoat this one. Thanks

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Important aftermarker stock question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hoghunting
July 2, 2006, 03:34 AM
The Carbelite stock has a flimsy fore-end that has a lot of flex. If you want to replace the stock, I would choose a stiffer one. If you are getting 1/2" groups, I'm not sure why you want to change things.

If you enjoyed reading about "Important aftermarker stock question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!