Gun Ranges in Longview Texas or Shreveport Louisiana?

PDA

Doug.38PR
July 3, 2006, 07:12 PM
I'm looking for a gun range either in Longview Texas or Shreveport Louisiana (west side preferably). I am working in Marshall and there are no ranges there.

Thank you.
Doug

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Ranges in Longview Texas or Shreveport Louisiana?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
July 3, 2006, 08:18 PM
If you travel to Exit 38 on I-20, about 10 miles East of Shreveport/Bossier City, you'll be close to Clark Custom Guns. Legendary gunsmithing, about fourteen different ranges, and real friendly people. Well worth a visit. Their number for more directions is (318) 949-9884.

Freakhouse
July 3, 2006, 09:06 PM
Check with the East Texas Pistol and Rifle Club

http://etrpc.com/

I'm no longer in the area, but while I was there it was well worth the membership fee.

It's located about five miles west of Longview.

Brenton

Remander
July 4, 2006, 01:18 AM
The outdoor range east of Shreveport (Caddo Rifle & Pistol Club) mentioned above is a good one. Dues are currently $140 per year.

To map it, type in 336 Shootout Lane, Princeton, LA 71067. That is the address for Clark Custom Guns. The range is adjacent. It is easily accessible from I-20.

It is a private membership range. Call the number listed in the above post if interested in joining.

GRIFFIN1
July 4, 2006, 02:14 AM
If you only want to shoot pistols, then you can go to Shooter's USA in Bossier City. I think their phone number is 318-747-5811.

You need a membership to shoot at the Caddo Rifle and Pistol club. You can get one for the rest of the year for $70 and you have to have an NRA membership. It's probably a little more than a 50 mile drive from Marshall. That would be enough to keep me from joining.

There is another range West of Longview.
East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club (I-20 exit 591) FM 2011 903-845-3086
http://etrpc.com/

I've been there once, and it's probably nicer than the Caddo Rifle and Pistol club.

edit...
I just did some reading about the East Texas Rifle and Pistol club. It seems like it's much easier to join and the annual dues are almost 1/3 that of the Caddo Club. To join the Caddo club, you have to show up on either the first or third saturday of the month at something like 8am for an orientation. If you join after June, you have to pay $70 for the rest of the year and then you have to pay $140 in January for the next year. In other words, if you join in December, you pay $70 for December and then $140 in January.

Doug.38PR
July 4, 2006, 02:36 PM
Thank you all. :o Shoot. Everything named is either West of Longview or East of Shreveport. I am in Marshall, right in between Shreveport and Longview. I am on the East side of Longview and the West side of Shreveport.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Ranges in Longview Texas or Shreveport Louisiana?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!