Getting Leupold STD front ring into base?

PDA

Outlaws
July 4, 2006, 02:42 PM
How do you do it? Do I twist will all my might?

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting Leupold STD front ring into base?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quintin Likely
July 4, 2006, 03:10 PM
Use a wooden dowel or a broom handle or something. Bolt the two halves of the ring together with the broom handle in place of the scope and twist.

MIL-DOT
July 4, 2006, 03:22 PM
i had a local gun shop mount my leupold for me,they used some kind of plastic wrech especially made for twisting those fargin' bastages on. rather than rigging something up,and maybe slipping and scratching something (or worse),try calling local stores and seeing who'll do it cheap (or free).

Outlaws
July 4, 2006, 03:43 PM
Well I put a hammer hanle in there and twisted. I was atleast thinking it would 'click' into place, but no. But after reading this now I am much happier with knowing its not just mine. :D

EDIT: sorry for posting in the wrong forum but I had my new Cooper for a week almost and just got home with my new Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40mm with the (imo) extremely hard to find Varmint recticle. I was a little impatient.

ocabj
July 4, 2006, 04:40 PM
i had a local gun shop mount my leupold for me,they used some kind of plastic wrech especially made for twisting those fargin' bastages on. rather than rigging something up,and maybe slipping and scratching something (or worse),try calling local stores and seeing who'll do it cheap (or free).

You don't need a special tool. As long as you aren't using the actual scope to twist the ring on, you're fine.

lunde
July 5, 2006, 09:25 AM
Buy the Leupold tool, which is designed to work with one-inch and 30mm STD (front) and Dual Dovetail (front and rear) rings. It's $10 or so, and works erfectly for this.

Chawbaccer
July 5, 2006, 05:54 PM
A little dab of grease on the tail makes it a bit easier to twist them in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting Leupold STD front ring into base?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!