calico and bizon

PDA

shattered00
July 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
Here is their main website: http://www.calicolightweaponsystems.com/

Is the 9mm version more feeding-reliable than the .22?

Can the Calico feed hollowpoint and FMJ with its helical magazine?

In terms of accuracy, would the model with one pistol grip and a "normal" handguard or the one with two pistol grips be better?

Just to appease people who get irked at others who ask so many questions, here is a video of this gun in action linked below. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and then right click choosing save as once the menu pops up. Oh and you need Quicktime. It is approximately 24 mb, so be patient.

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=467

On a side note, is there a semi-auto version of the Bizon available in the USA at a decent price?

If you enjoyed reading about "calico and bizon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BrennanKG
July 5, 2006, 04:50 PM
I didn't think Calico was still producing firearms.

The last updates on that site look pretty old.

I don't imagine one grip would be universally better than the other. It probably just comes down to preference.

B.

Kenneth Lew
July 5, 2006, 10:59 PM
Is the 9mm version more feeding-reliable than the .22?

Pretty much more reliable.

Can the Calico feed hollowpoint and FMJ with its helical magazine?

Yes.

In terms of accuracy, would the model with one pistol grip and a "normal" handguard or the one with two pistol grips be better?

The gun is more inherently more accurate that you. A vertical foregrip aids in faster recovery to target during rapid fire sessions. A horizontal foregrip is actually to hit more accurately for longer ranges.

On a side note, is there a semi-auto version of the Bizon available in the USA at a decent price?

Nope.

rangerruck
July 5, 2006, 11:29 PM
what kenneth said. Although calico's go for a pretty penny 'round here(houston)

gtmerkley
July 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
I like the bizon but like the calico even more would not mind having both

Acera
July 10, 2008, 10:04 PM
Rangerruck, there will probably be a few tables at the GRB this weekend selling them, there was last time.

Acera
July 10, 2008, 10:08 PM
What is up with Calico today. There are five new posts on this forum about them.

Did their sales manager just find this site?

Matt-man
July 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
They aren't new posts.

4thPointOfContact
July 10, 2008, 10:50 PM
I had a Calico 9mm carbine; bought it for the wife's HD weapon. It was workable, but it could have been a better execution. The method of holding the helical magazine together was just a strip of either sheet metal or plastic, I can't remember which at this time. It could also have used a more sturdy material for the sliding stock, as it was I didn't have confidence in the two rather small cross-sectioned square metal tubes that it used. I was in a gun shop late last year that had some Calico's on the shelves, it was reported that they were active again.

I really like the concept, but it could use just a bit more maturing.

Acera
July 10, 2008, 11:19 PM
Matt-man wrote:
They aren't new posts.

You are incorrect, they are new posts, all today or they would not be on the same page (Plus I checked).

Now you might have meant that they are not new threads, but that is different. If you are going to correct someone, at least get you story straight. I am figuring someone did a search.........

If you enjoyed reading about "calico and bizon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!