Multi-Rifle Quick Attach Bipod

PDA

Drakejake
July 5, 2006, 05:03 PM
I shoot a number of different rifles from .223 to .308. I commonly shoot two or more different rifles during one trip to the range. I have never used a bipod. I wonder if there is a quickly attaching bipod that can be easily switched between different rifles. Say, for example, I shoot an AR with the bipod. Is there one which can be quickly removed and attached to a FAL? I would be using the bipod at a shooting stand. I will appreciate any recommendations or comments.

Thanks,

Drakejake

If you enjoyed reading about "Multi-Rifle Quick Attach Bipod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
July 5, 2006, 05:06 PM
they make them, but sandbags on the bench are far better (for accuracy) than any bipod i've ever used, and much, much better than a crappy bipod designed to be quickly attached to any rifle. (partially because the designs i've seen for quick-detach mostly clamp to the barrel, which would undo any free-floating effort, but mostly because they'll never be as stable as a rest)

Drakejake
July 5, 2006, 05:17 PM
Do you use sandbags with semiauto rfles taking 20 and 30 round mags? At a shooting stand, there is a problem getting the rifle high enough to clear the mag.

Thanks,

Drakejake

taliv
July 5, 2006, 05:26 PM
one of the ranges i frequent (bend of the river, about 1.5 hrs east of nashville) has a bunch of those shooting rests lying about, like this one
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=365126
that easily let a 30 rnd mag clear the bench on an AR. dunno about an AK/SKS

warth0g
July 5, 2006, 05:40 PM
I have good experience with versa pod bipod, they can be used on severeal rifles if you buy an extra atachment rod for them.

warthog:)

Thefabulousfink
July 5, 2006, 05:49 PM
I am looking at getting one of these Versa-Pods from DSA
http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=625&storeid=1&image=vepod123.gif
I can use it on both my FAL and my AR for under $60. If I buy an extra hand-stop I can switch between rifles without unscrewing or removing parts. You can also buy a version that mounts to rails so you can use it on your SA M1A SOCOM II or any other rifle w/ rails.

It seems like a good buy for $60.

If you enjoyed reading about "Multi-Rifle Quick Attach Bipod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!