looking for a mate that'll do me a favour from the US

PDA

uk roe hunter
July 7, 2006, 04:08 AM
Hi guys,
Bullets are expensive and dificult to get what you want in the UK. If i order from cabellas online i get taxed MASSIVELY. I wonder if one of you guys from accross the pond would be prepared to go to your local gunshop buy some bulletts and post them to me? i will of course pay postage and packing and it will be by paypal so you know i am not ripping you off. I don't need any right now but i will in the next few weeks to a month.

Thanks in anticipation

steve
:)

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for a mate that'll do me a favour from the US" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pat86323
July 7, 2006, 06:03 AM
im not sure if that would be legal, might want to do some checking before you make the transaction

MCgunner
July 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
Your talking about loaded ammo or just bullets???? With ammo, I don't know the details of the legality, either. What caliber are we talkin', here? I don't mind helpin' ya out, but I don't wanna break any laws in either here or Britain.

Art Eatman
July 7, 2006, 11:04 AM
steve, are you talking about bullets for reloading?

In my own ignorance, does Cabela's ship directly to you, or to some licensed dealer?

Please check your own laws and whatever's needed at your Customs Office. Our concern is the apparent hinkiness of your laws, not to mention our own...

In today's world, an apparently simple and innocent transaction isn't necessarily simple...

:), Art

Sunray
July 11, 2006, 04:12 PM
"...buy some bulletts(sic) and post them to me?..." That'd be illegal. As I recall, reloading components require the U.S. State Dept's export permit. Plus, in all likelihood, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs types will want a word or two with you about tax evasion.

eastwood44mag
July 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
Could you cast your own? Lead ingots shouldn't be taxed anywhere near as high, assuming you don't want jacketed.

Art Eatman
July 11, 2006, 09:18 PM
Sunray, if Cabela's can send them, why not you or I? It's not powder or primers or loaded ammo.

Art

uk roe hunter
July 12, 2006, 06:45 PM
For all those that have contributed thanks for this.

i can get them off ebay i reckon just as well.

steve

Skoghund
July 13, 2006, 06:39 AM
Hunting soft points are class 5 in the Uk. Prohibited ammo. Your firearms cert gives you permission to purchase them and the amount you can purchace at one time and have in your possesion is on your certificate. Every bullet for reloading you have counts towards the total amount of ammo you are can keep. Even hollow point .22 are class 5. So if you order from abroad they will be confiscated at customs and you may even get a visit from the old bill. All this bull**** is due to Mr blair and his friends.
I have heard that the gun shops have a job to get them in the UK due to the fact that delivery companies will not deliver class 5 ammo. Bullets for reloading here in sweden are expencesive but at least i can buy as much as i like.

~z
July 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
God bless America.
~z

H&Hhunter
July 13, 2006, 05:01 PM
Sounds to me like the good and free minded citizens of the UK need to have their own version of a Boston tea party.

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for a mate that'll do me a favour from the US" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!