It's Friday, what have we learned?

PDA

RTFM
May 2, 2003, 08:21 AM
To start off, I found a new home here.
This site (Thank you Oleg) has like minded people, that are not afraid to debate, and it never turns in to a flame war, NICE.

I learned about ANZAC's. True brothers in arms.

I need to try a 357 SIG before I lay money down for a 40

Glocks are still a hot debate (probably will alawyas be)

Oh, and I also want to shoot a Swiss K-31

What heve you learned?

If you enjoyed reading about "It's Friday, what have we learned?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dannyboy
May 2, 2003, 05:24 PM
I learned today that I aced my Statistics test that I was kinda nervous about.:D

QuarterBoreGunner
May 2, 2003, 05:47 PM
I've learned how to take out Chupacabras and (maybe) Wolverine.

I've learned that unfortunately, sometimes you have to put down feral cats.

I've learned a new word- 'carbon fiberousity'.. ok two words.

And I learned that 'Daniel Flory' doesn't mind being called Dan.

cool45auto
May 2, 2003, 08:00 PM
Darn! I was gonna put the Daniel Flory thing down!:D

I've learned a lot about my new British Enfield .303 thanks to my friends here.

coonan357
May 2, 2003, 08:06 PM
I learned to call Mr Flory DAN :D

the cat thing is another so I don't feel so bad taking out that TOM

and Old employers are willing to take you back because LOYAL , hardworking , intellegent, safe and skilled employees are hard to find these days ( yes I got MY Old job back from 3 years agoand I am making more money too. ) :D

J Miller
May 2, 2003, 10:33 PM
That the NASCAR races are on cable this weekend. I don't have cabel. So now I guess I'll have to go shooting.

Carlos
May 2, 2003, 10:37 PM
:( that sucks. I don't either. Me too.

What heve you learned?

You're a gun addict like the rest of us??

Yes, I'm going to have to shoot something soon.

Schuey2002
May 2, 2003, 11:02 PM
I learned that you shouldn't freak out (thinkin' that you might have a blown headgasket, :banghead: ) when the oil in your engine is milky-white colored.

It was merely a faulty PCV valve. Whewwww!

I also learned that spending $5.00 on an external engine valve is better than spending $500 having a Toyota Stealer crack open your engine..;)

Oh, right ! Gun related. I learned that Norwegians have all the fun...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p7183a16ccbc4d17a1d7f03e43b6dd6cd/fc3e0ada.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7a2985544696ba30ff3288d97d3484a0/fc3a5464.jpg

rick458
May 2, 2003, 11:21 PM
I learned that the Nuge STILL doesn't like liberals and that there is "No such thing as a French Dream"

AZTOY
May 2, 2003, 11:21 PM
I also learned that spending $5.00 on an external engine valve is better than spending $500 having a Toyota Stealer crack open your engine..

I learned that a toyota truck will still run with all the bolt to the carb are loose.:banghead: :banghead:

I also learned that you should not go rock climbing:what: .

I also learned that that i need more guns. I want to click the 100 or more button in the HOW MANY GUN DO YOU HAVE POLLS.:banghead:

AR-10
May 2, 2003, 11:29 PM
It is better to take time off from work and go shooting than to wait for "after work" and listen to the rain fall.

May 2, 2003, 11:29 PM
I learned that dispite all the bling bling gadgets that I have added to my ARs, I still enjoy shooting my bone stock 20" Bushmaster just as much as any of them.

I learned that the pain of working overtime is forgotten on payday.

I learned that my ARs run fine with my new handload using Winchester ball powder.

I learned that underneath all that brown dirt and dust, that my main go-to AR is still black. I did the Frontsight Practical Rifle class last weekend and my rifle was completely covered with dirt. A lot of it on the outside is still there. I need to use an air compressor to get it off. I just got around to cleaning the inside today.

PATH
May 3, 2003, 01:39 AM
I've learned that .....well.....okay I learned I need to get out to the range more........Okay! There I've said it. I also need more firearms and that it is okay to call Mr. Flory Dan, or is that Mr. Dan to me?:D :neener:

5ptdeerhunter
May 3, 2003, 04:22 PM
I learned about arcsin and arccos in trig and Pygmalion in Eng. Lit and I also learned I am going turkey hunting next weekend.

I love learning.

Kobun
May 3, 2003, 04:31 PM
I learned that it is in fact possible to make a better trigger pull on a AUG.

Me and a gunsmith found a way to lighten the pull.
It is smooooth and 7lbs now! :D

It is a new replacement spring, and I will market it when I have tested it out some more.

Azrael256
May 3, 2003, 04:48 PM
I learned that a girl I was after has a giant "bowling for columbine" poster on the wall in her dorm, and that she chooses to partake of... um... a particular plant...

Upon this came the realization that there actually are some things that I can't accept in a person... *sigh*...

I also realized that I am scared to death of ropes courses, but that I can swallow my fear and set a time record. :) I also learned that the little meek quiet girl is often the one who has no fear, so my time record didn't last long.

El Tejon
May 3, 2003, 04:59 PM
I learned about bears. That's all I see, bears. They're all around me--AAAAHHHHH!

M67
May 3, 2003, 05:37 PM
I learned that Schuey needs to work on that wannabe-Norwegian complex of his. Not everyone can be a Norwegian, you know. That's tough. That's life. Learn to live with it. :D :p

Schuey2002
May 4, 2003, 01:27 PM
____________:neener: :p :p :p :p :p :p :neener:_____________

Thumper
May 4, 2003, 02:05 PM
That my new pup has a taste for Custom Shop Kimbers.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=257298

Bainx
May 4, 2003, 02:34 PM
I learned that there is a talented person where I work that can drill and tap my Remmington 35 for a scope mount at a very reasonable price. Let the good times roll!

coonan357
May 4, 2003, 04:41 PM
kirk we said BEER!!! not bears... (geeze remove the ear plugs )

as for the pup Ronnie , Hes gonna be a good one ( coonan has an affection for rotties) :o

May 4, 2003, 04:53 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHH
I had to call my cute little Rottweiler, Boulderdash over to see one of his cousins from the old country. He is always happy to drool on a 1911 too.

When I had some body invade my home through the sliding glass door when I was at work one night, he did more than drool. I had a pretty big mess to clean up while he ate his steak the next morning. I pointed at the pool of blood and said, good boy, what a good boy.

Thumper
May 4, 2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys...Tank's daddy is a 120 lb. prizewinning Bullmastiff and his momma is a prizewinning Rottie.

Owners decided to let the pups come to term and I got the pick.

He's a mistake, but he's gonna be a BIIIIIIIIG mistake. I've brought him to work with me every day this week.

:D

May 4, 2003, 05:22 PM
I took my little pup to work with me every day for almost a year. They put a stop to it when he got to be a big pup.

Rockrivr1
May 4, 2003, 06:32 PM
I re-learned that my soon-to-be ex-wife can still piss me off to no end :fire: and that a good brother in law will help you drink till you can't remember what your mad at in the first place. ;) I still have a headache.

On the good side, I learned that subscribing to my local gun shop email distribution list can have a detrimental effect on my savings account. One new Romanian SAR-1 AK-47 is now occupying my gun safe. Can't wait to hit the range with that! :D

Soap
May 4, 2003, 06:35 PM
I've learned that memorizing tons of finance formulas before finals week really stinks. On THR, I've learned about the karambit.

jacketch
May 4, 2003, 08:06 PM
I learned that even nudists have a right to CCW, just never learned how they might accomplish it!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "It's Friday, what have we learned?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!