HELP I.D MARLIN 336 LOOK ALIKE

PDA

7mmsavage
July 7, 2006, 08:56 PM
I am looking for info on a rifle that looks exactly like a Marlin 336. My grandfather bought it about 55 years ago, dad says it was made in Italy.The barrel says West Point powder co. caliber is 30-30. I am trying to figure out who made it or any other interesting info. If anyone knows anything or knows of somewhere I could go for info please let me know.

If you enjoyed reading about "HELP I.D MARLIN 336 LOOK ALIKE" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chawbaccer
July 7, 2006, 09:07 PM
Your gun is a Marlin 336. Marlin made many guns that were branded by other companies like K-Mart and Sears. Cotter and Company was a hardware chain the merged with another chain and became True Value back in the 60's. They branded their guns as West Point. I have a Marlin 60 so branded.
Get your magnifing glass out, I bet it sawys Cotter and Co. and not Powder Co. You should also find the Made in USA stamp too.

Nhsport
July 7, 2006, 09:19 PM
Mossberg also made a gun that is a near replica of the marlin,The one I saw was stamped Mossberg on it but I wouldn't be surprised if the farmed tham out to private labels.

If you enjoyed reading about "HELP I.D MARLIN 336 LOOK ALIKE" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!