Price Check. Thanks

PDA

KIMBER45TLE
July 7, 2006, 11:17 PM
Today I brought home the Weatherby Vanguard in 300 Weatherby mag. Thanks to all the members here who contributed information as it was one of the deciding factors. First center fire rifle I have purchased since 1974. For those that offered up info on Limbsaver, you should get a commission as one of those is on the way as well. Tomorrow I change out rings and mounts, then buy a box of shells and go to the range and add a little color to my shoulder.

Tonights question is: What is a good factory load to buy for sighting in? I expect to zero the rifle at 200 yards.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price Check. Thanks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hoghunting
July 8, 2006, 10:29 AM
Congrats on the new rifle. Since you are planning on elk hunting, I would use a 180 gr bullet and if you are using factory ammo, try 2 or 3 different brands and see which is more accurate in your rifle. Hopefully you will find one load that will be extremely accurate. Have fun.

KIMBER45TLE
July 8, 2006, 11:42 PM
Shot this puppy today. Man is it ever a sweet shooting rifle. Recoil was no where near what I expected. Changed rings and mounts out this morning then hit the range this evening shooting Wally World Remington 180 grain core lock ammo. Printed it on paper at fifty, then moved it out to 100. My last three shot group you could cover with a penny. I'm hoping to zero this rifle at 200 yard within the next week or two. Ordered a box of Federal 180 grain Nosler's to try in it. I can now hunt 1958 Buicks at 500 yards legally.

gunslinger15
July 8, 2006, 11:58 PM
haha glad to hear you bought the gun you should be very happy. Like I said the limbsaver was a great choice to. Even if the recoil isn't wat you thought still put it on for one you bought it and two it will help eliminate all potential flinching habit on the new gun.

Fun Shooting

If you enjoyed reading about "Price Check. Thanks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!