Beretta CX4 opinions/ Questions

PDA

Safety First
July 8, 2006, 11:56 AM
What do you guys/gals think about the Beretta CX4 in .45 ACP for a home defense gun?

Oh, and would you like to see it in ....223 ?

and if you would like it in .223, would that be a good varmint rifle ?

I actually like the looks of the gun, and because it is some what on the short side, I thought it would make a good CQC gun as well as provide a little reach out and touch what ever needs touching at a distance also... Just curious about your opinions....

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta CX4 opinions/ Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Clipper
July 8, 2006, 01:07 PM
You'd have to completely redesign that gun to accomodate just the length, first of all, and after the other action changes necessary to absorb the extra energy of the rifle round, I bet you'd have a gun that wouldn't remotely resemble the original design, you'd have an M-4...

MachIVshooter
July 8, 2006, 01:18 PM
Oh, and would you like to see it in ....223 ?

That'd be the Rx4 (http://www.armietiro.it/edisport/armi/Notizie.nsf/AllDocID/a06947fefce27378c12570c3004735e1/$FILE/Rx4_800.jpg)

steve635
July 8, 2006, 01:33 PM
I seriously considered the CX4 in 40 S&W before I bought my Olympic K40 (AR 15 in 40 S&W), I really liked it and if Glock mags fit it I probably would have bought it. I wanted the same mags to fit it and my Glock 22, only problem is Glock doesn't make a hi-cap mag and the aftermarket (Scherer) ones are awful. But back to the point I think the CX4 in 45 would make an awesome HD weapon, I'd sure like to have one;) .

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta CX4 opinions/ Questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!