New Spare Cylinder for my Remington Arrived

PDA

Wwalstrom
July 8, 2006, 11:01 AM
When I picked it up at the candy store, I brought along my revolver for a test fit. It fit perfect, and seemed to be in time with the gun.

When I got home, I noticed the stop bolt slots looked niticeable wider than the original one. I then pulled out my Stainless 1858 for a fit and comparison. Result is, on my revolvers, the original cylinders measure .14 inch ... and my new/spare cylinder measures .158 inch. Soes anyone think this will be a problem?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Spare Cylinder for my Remington Arrived" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Manyirons
July 8, 2006, 11:17 AM
Les see here, .018, so .009 play either way. How much forcin cone ya got? Ifin its open enough, should be what they call self correctin. Ifin it AINT, well, ya might see some lead spittin ya dont wanta.

Wwalstrom
July 11, 2006, 07:20 AM
Well, I fired it in my blued pistol on Sunday. Two holes were in the center bull, one was half on the bottom edge of the paper, and the other three "went into the dirt" below the target. The low ones were the first shots ... I'm thinkin' I was jerking/pulling the trigger too hard in anticipation of missalignment causing nasty things to happen. I did find out that my shooting is improving, It's amazing how much you can improve just by shooting 2 to 5 targets each day of the weekend. I've got more results to post in my "weekend shooting" thread.

Manyirons
July 11, 2006, 08:07 AM
Not bad, jus fer my curiousity bump, could ya post a picture of tha forcin cone area? Take tha cylinder out, butt end of tha barrel where its comin thru tha frame.

Wwalstrom
July 11, 2006, 09:56 AM
I DO know that the forcing cone in my blued pistol seems to be wider than the one in my stainless pistol ... hence the firing in the blued pistol.

You want a caliper measurement too?

Manyirons
July 11, 2006, 10:29 AM
Ifin ya dont mind, tha BOSS wants me ta KNOW not guess while i'm learnin.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Spare Cylinder for my Remington Arrived" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!