Academey's new monarch bullets

PDA

gunslinger15
July 8, 2006, 04:22 PM
I bought some of Academy's new store brand bullets "monarchs" and havnt had time to shoot them. for $5 Its hard to beet the price for 20rounds of 150gr 270 win ammo. Has anyone shot these bullets what did you think?

Edit: Academy's not Academey's sorry for the typo

If you enjoyed reading about "Academey's new monarch bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
July 8, 2006, 06:28 PM
yes , i have shot them, the brass monarch's are made by s&b, so they are pretty nice, also some other e. europe mfgrs. so you should be pretty happy with them, they actually sell tw2o diff monarchs now, one in kind of the green kaliedescope box, and the fancy black with the deer sillouhette on it.

_N4Z_
July 8, 2006, 07:03 PM
I have used them.

The 7.62x39 (blue box) works well in my AK and is about the same as Wolf in the accuracy dept.

The 30/30 150gr. (black box with the deer head) was just OK. The first 3 of 20 jammed the action of my Marlin 336. That has never happened. Had to really crank the lever to get the spent rounds to eject. Accuracy was only so-so, though this rifle shoots 170gr. far better than the lighter 150's, so that could be a wash. Jury still out on the 30/30 till I try the 170's.

Deer Hunter
July 8, 2006, 09:22 PM
I've shot two boxes from my Marlin 336, and it seems to run just fine. Great ammo for the price.

If you enjoyed reading about "Academey's new monarch bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!