Critique my Glock IWB holster

PDA

Cosmoline
July 8, 2006, 05:52 PM
I've had no luck finding a good IWB holster for my new G23. Most ride far too high or aren't clip-on. So I dug around in my ample stores of old holsters and found an old Brauer Bros. IWB. It's not perfect at this point, but I figure with stiff leather protectors sewn in on the sides of the trigger and a rention strap it will be excellent. Any other ideas? Problems I'm not seeing?

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=41964&d=1152391971

If you enjoyed reading about "Critique my Glock IWB holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911_CQB
July 8, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hey, as long as it works, holds the gun, and is comfortable. And you cant beat the price can ya?:cool:

July 9, 2006, 12:59 AM
Use Kydex. Ditch the retention strap.

denfoote
July 9, 2006, 01:00 AM
Sometimes the homade ones are the best!!

You might want to talk to this gent. He makes a decent holster.

Phoenix Custom gun leather (http://www.geocities.com/phoenixcustomgunleather/)

Cosmoline
July 9, 2006, 01:17 AM
Oddly, I have no kydex laying around.

Chris Rhines
July 9, 2006, 09:06 PM
Other than that the cheap spring-steel clip will probably not retain your holster during a draw. IWB holsters need to have either an inverted clip or a loop that snaps around the belt.

- Chris

JMag
July 9, 2006, 09:12 PM
Looks like a bit too much room for bad things to happen around the trigger guard...

distra
July 9, 2006, 10:13 PM
+1 I'd add some leather around the trigger otherwise ... glock-boom! :evil:

Dr_2_B
July 9, 2006, 11:52 PM
Agreed. Trigger guard could use some more coverage. It's a lot of fun to have a holster you have made yourself. Congrats. One other thing is that the barrel protrudes from the bottom of the holster. This could conceivably cause a little more crud getting into the gun. Also, are you sure you have enough clearance above the gun's front sight for a clear draw? Any chance it could get hung up? Since the material is not stiff, it could fold up and catch up.

nice looking holster.

If you enjoyed reading about "Critique my Glock IWB holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!