Are general discussions allowed here?

PDA

Ferrari308
July 10, 2006, 06:13 PM
Is there any off topic discussions allowed? I'm trying to figure out the rules. Does everything have to be gun related?

If you enjoyed reading about "Are general discussions allowed here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Myself
July 10, 2006, 06:18 PM
My understanding is everything must be gun related. There is a related site that is open to whatever within reason.

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/viewforum.php?id=1

Justin
July 10, 2006, 06:19 PM
Yes, topics in this forum need to be firearms related.

pax
July 10, 2006, 06:22 PM
From the front page through which you entered:

General Gun Discussions (333 Viewing)
Meet fellow forum members, find a common ground. Introduce new people to responsible firearm ownership. Posts must be related to firearms.

pax

Lennyjoe
July 10, 2006, 09:37 PM
At one time there was a roundtable area for non gun related discussions. That was removed and www.armedpolitesociety.com was developed for such discussions. I visit there from time to time. Check it out.

Preacherman
July 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
To see what is intended to be discussed in each forum, check out its description on our home page. For example:

Legal and Political
Get informed on issues affecting the right to keep and bear arms and other civil rights. Coordinate activism, debate with allies and opponents. Discuss laws concerning firearm ownership, concealed carry and self-defense.

Gunsmithing and Repairs
Keeping weapons in good order, improving functionality.

Technical Support
Suggestions and Questions for the Staff.

You get the idea.

For non-firearms-related stuff, and general batting of the breeze, www.armedpolitesociety.com is the place to go. You'll find many of our members over there.

And since, as you can see, Tech Support is the place to ask questions of the moderators, I'll move this thread over there.

XLMiguel
July 10, 2006, 10:35 PM
Welcome.

I don't mean to be snotty, but, when in doubt, read the instructions/guidelines/rules/covenents/whatever, they're posted in the headliner. This forum has been around for a while, and before you start a '9 mm vs .45', or 'wheelgun vs autoloader' thread, etc., it is worthwhile to do a level check.

Also, try the 'Search' function. There's a weath of info here, lotsa folks who love to share, but this is about RKBA, responsible firearms ownership, the shooting sports, related technology, etc.

General BS'ing among kindred souls is well served at www.armedpolitesociety.com, also a great place for knowledgeable folks on a braoder venue.
(oops, Preacherman beat me to it)
Welcome, enjoy.

RealGun
July 11, 2006, 08:59 AM
The exception is in Legal and Political, where threads that clearly have no dependence upon gun ownership are allowed to exist as long as a moderator finds it interesting and folks behave themselves. By precedent, a number of topics are par for the course but have nothing to do with guns. An example is illegal immigration, hosting several threads each day. Whatever the political hot button, there will be some reason to consider it okay. L&P is not, however, the place to ruminate over every story that hits the news. I think a practical rule that seems to track with what actually happens, subject to moderator judgment, is that gun owners as a group may have an extraordinary view of the topic and should be able to discuss it without falling over gun grabbers at every turn, getting in the way of the actual subject.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are general discussions allowed here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!